_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2006 Yamaha XVS1100 V-Star Silverado final drive   General Discussion

Started Oct-22 by Hilliard54; 930 views.
Hilliard54

Oct-22

Is there a way to change the final drive to a higher gear so I can stop looking for another gear.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

You could have one made. It's a short stroke engine....it needs the rpm to make it's power....it's and why you can pass Harleys on the highway. Put on pods and exhaust and you'll stop trying to shift........you'll get used to it like the rest of us

Hilliard54

Oct-23

Thanks for the info.  I did not know the 1100 are short stroke.  This is the first time I heard this.  Have not seen any info about that.

Thanks again.

crazeeharry

Oct-23

Short stroke higher RPM motor, they get a little buzzy at 70 mph & up but they'll run 80 mph all day long with throttle to spare and go 200,000 miles and up without engine work, a friends HD twin cam had to have the heads done and valves & seats replaced at 27,000... (but it isn't at all buzzy, it's more Bu$$$$$$$ie... LOL)

Hilliard54

Oct-23

What do you call a little buzzy.  I went for a 20 min ride and reached up to 75mph and my hand got a little numb.  Is that too much buzz?  I have been Googling and I saw a couple on places that said I should try carb tuning to kill some of the buzz.  What is your take on this?

Donn (99Orton)

Oct-25

I always synced my carbs when she would get a bit buzzy.

Hilliard54

Oct-25

Thanks for the info

ABE (spud116)

Oct-25

If the vibration gets high at 75 it may need the carbs synced. Not hard to do and is in the KB.

Hilliard54

Oct-25

I will be sync carbs this week. I'm looking forward to ride with less vibration.

crazeeharry

Oct-26

I was referring to the vibration of a motor running at higher RPM's,     if your hands are getting numb, then you may want to re-sync, as said above.