The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I just joined   New Member Introductions

Started Nov-12 by Theolman; 275 views.
Theolman

Nov-12

Hey my name is Chris and I just got on this site. I have an '06 1100 cc that seems to be running really hot to me, it has some bluing on the exhaust which was there when I bought it 2 months ago. I called the local shop to find out about having the carburetors sinked and adjusting the fuel air mix and he said it would be right around $500. So it looks like this is going to be a do-it-yourself job haha does anyone have any recommendations

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Welcome! Click the link at the top of the page to the Wiki Knowledge Base. Everything you need to know is in there.

Fran132

Nov-15

Hi Chris and welcome from Ireland, I hope you get your bike sorted out soon. 

Zonker1972

Nov-19

i had the same reaction years ago when i purchased my 650 v star. they wanted ~$500 for the first oil change. been wrenching on my bikes ever since. 

zonker

14StarTrix

Nov-19

Hi Chris and welcome. 

As Mick said, the KB is a real great resource. Save $$, the pride of DIY. As for synching the carbs, my go to was the Snapple bottles, corks, tubing and brake lines. Easy, reliable method that basically uses fluid dynamics and pressure differentials. I left the tubings attached to the intake manifold nipples to make the annual synching an easy job. Cheers

DJ