The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New horn   General Discussion

Started Nov-20 by turnermw; 176 views.
turnermw

Nov-20

Well, my OEM horn has finally died. I would like to upgrade to something louder/better. Any suggestions?  Anything I should not use?  Thanks in advance. 

Zonker1972

Nov-21

stebel nautilus mini air horn. 

https://www.amazon.com/Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-Motorcycle-Horn/dp/B003ET0JJQ

124dB. you will have to put in a relay but that is pretty easy.

zonker

Dan (Kamikazedan)

Nov-25

After being slapped down by an idiot driver in Maine and writing off my previous V-Star, I decided I wanted a bit more noise. I picked up a high-low set of Fiamm Freeway Blasters, and mounted them below the tank towards the triple tree. 130db each, less than 50 $Cdn for the pair. I put a relay on the existing horn circuit, and a line to the battery with a self-resetting slow-blow fuse. I always always always test my lighting and horn before I ride, but testing the horn in an enclosed space is a bit painful... mission definitely accomplished!

PS I also bought a cheap pair of white flashing LED lights, which I mounted facing forward on my crash guards. I used a 1-inch carpentry angle bracket to mount a pushbutton under the left hand control assembly, using an existing screw, and ran the wires through the existing sleeves. The lights have definitely caught the attention of motorists when I could not get eye contact. Another sub-$50 mod that has probably already prevented another collision.

In reply toRe: msg 1
turnermw

Nov-25

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the information. I ended up going with the Stebel air horn. Simple installation and super loud.