_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

hi   New Member Introductions

Started Dec-1 by desmondbowe; 319 views.
desmondbowe

Dec-1

hello everyone,

had my 2004 vstar 1100 silverado for the last 2.5 years, and i just love it.

recently had some issues with poor response and chugging when i roll on the throttle- roughly at 1/3 to 1/2 is when it kicks in - so I'm assuming something's up with my jets.  decided to take the carb off and clean out my jets and see how that goes.  pretty new to wrenching at this level.

I'll post more about that project later, but had a starter question- where do you all find OEM parts?  partzilla?  some other Babbitt's clone?

thanks

Desmond

Donn (99Orton)

Dec-1

Welcome to the Forum. Anything electrical OEM is the way to go. The same goes for jetting, Mikuni jets and stock needles, no "kits" needed. 

desmondbowe

Dec-1

thanks.  it's hard to read the markings on these jets, but some do not look stock.

Where do you source your OEM parts?

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

i usually use my local Harley dealer for Mikuni jets......and have used a half dozen other sources for EOM electronic stuff. Like Donn said.....stick with OE for any electrical. Don't use any cheap Chinese knock offs. You'll regret it.

I use Partzilla quite a bit.  I have never had any problems with them; and you can get them on the phone if you need help.

Craig

Donn (99Orton)

Dec-4

When I had my 1100 I used Yamaha Sports Plaza for OEM parts.

Hi Donn!  Nice looking bike there!

Craig

desmondbowe

Dec-4

thanks for the recommendations.  i'll check those places out.