MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New to the 1100 forum   New Member Introductions

Started Dec-1 by tntlod; 426 views.
tntlod

Dec-1

Hello everyone,

Hi my name is Terry lodge. I'm new to the 1100 forum. I was a member of the 650 forum when i had my V-Star 650. Sold it years ago and just got back into riding. I started out looking for another V-Star just wanted to bump up to an 1100. Well I came across this 08 Harley Davidson Softail Classic 105th Anniversary and couldn't help but buy it. But I still wanted another Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic. Well I found one and bought it. My girlfriend liked the bikes so much and enjoyed riding she wanted a bike for herself. So I bought her an 07 Honda Rebel 250  (she's short and feels safe on it) She took to riding like she'd been doing it for years. She's going to take the classes in the spring.   I tried to post pictures but don't think they went thru. I'll again later. That's my old 650.

Attachments
  • Edited December 1, 2020 11:08 am  by  tntlod
In reply toRe: msg 1

Welcome to the forum.  So far, whats your thoughts on the comparison between the 650 to the Harley or the Vstar 1100?

Craig

Fran132

Dec-4

Welcome from Ireland. 

tntlod

Dec-4

Hi Craig,

I started out with a Yamaha 200 Enduro Street bike in the 80's. Then years later had a Yamaha 920 Virago. The 650 classic was the first V-Star I had and really enjoyed it. I had it about 4 years but after a couple of years I was ready to move up but sold it for personal reasons. It has been around 10 years since I had a Bike and was getting the itch. I started out looking for a V-star 1100 classic then came across this Harley Heritage softail classic 105th anniversary Edition and really liked it. Plus I always wanted a Harley. But I still was set on a Yamaha 1100 V-Star Classic. So I came across one that needs a little TLC (mostly cosmetic) for a good price. When I test road it It brought back all the memories from the 650. And to be honest the V-Star is so much fun to ride I kind of like it better than my Harley. Especially when I get done doing what I want to do to it. I'm going to look for another 650 V-Star for my girlfriend because I have a feeling after about a year riding the Honda Rebel 250 I bought her she'll be ready to move up. Anyway you just can't beat the Yamaha V-Stars. I was going to put pictures on but it says they are to big and I'm not sure how to make them smaller. Sorry so long of a post.

Terry

tntlod

Dec-4

Thanks Fran132

Terry

Specs (specsrus)

Dec-22

Welcome from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Welcome to the V-Star 1100 forum!

Once again, welcome to the best bike forum, from Naples, Florida! 

In reply toRe: msg 8

This is my ride...2007 V-Star 1100 classic...although, no so classic with the trunk and LED lights i added to it...lol