MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New exhaust pipes   Tuning&Exhaust:99-05 non cal

Started Dec-1 by tntlod; 330 views.
tntlod

Dec-1

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2003 V-Star Classic. I'm going to put an Oil relocation kit on the bike and thought I would Change the exhaust system as well. I want to put a set of Vance and Hines on it. If I do this do I have to re-jet the carbs?  Changing the Exhaust and oil relocation don't bother me it's the re-jet that gives me pause. I'm pretty good with my hands and not afraid to try working on anything but the carbs I've never done. I've seen it on YouTube and it don't look that bad. What ye all say? scale of 1-5 How hard is the re-jet and do you really need to. Plus keep or remove the AIS?

Thanks in advance

Terry

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Read the Jetting Bible in the KB......it's easy if you can follow directions exactly. However with that said, with just an exhaust change, no need to rejet. Just adjust the PMS correctly...that's in the KB too.

tntlod

Dec-2

Thanks. I found it after I posted my questions. It didn't look like something I couldn't handle. Again thanks for getting back to me

Terry

In reply toRe: msg 1
Donn (99Orton)

Dec-4

No rejet with slipons. Might need to adjust the PMS a bit.

tntlod

Dec-5

Thanks Donn. I can't do slipons.  The top pipe has the heatshield tore off of it and they are kind of in rough shape. I'll probably go with a set of Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcut Exhaust System. Anyone use these and your thoughts?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Donn (99Orton)

Dec-7

I had HK 2.75 Big Straights that I loved but now I would go with Cobra Speedster longs I think they are. I like the noise behind me.