_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Merry Christmas!   General Discussion

Started Dec-22 by isitmondayet; 347 views.
isitmondayet

Dec-22

I periodically receive Delphi emails I'm 'missing' stuff on this page (then click to see that folks are STILL trying to figure if they should ORK or not - anyone remember how much Larry advocated to NOT do that mod (many did it anyway).

Well, truth is I miss all of you and hope you're well. But I do miss my V-star more.  ...Spiramus Ergo Vehimur...

Stay out of trouble, or don't get caught!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS To All!!!!

(hohoho)

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

I remember both Larry and Shane shouting the horrors of engine damage done with ORK's.......none of which we ever saw....except on modified engines that may have had other issues.

Still have my 1100...... not worth anything, so I'll just keep it. Still rides great!

Merry Christmas to you too.....

Donn (99Orton)

Dec-24

Merry Christmas! I have moved on to HD but still check in here regularly.

ABE (spud116)

Dec-25

Merry Christmas to you too Bob. (That's Bob if my memory still works, if not I apologize).

I believe we rode together in Boon back in 2009? Seems longer than that.

myhillhouse

Dec-25

And a very Merry Christmas to you also,

I believe Abe is correct, but I could be wrong again, can't believe it was back in 09. I still have the V* (no ORK) but now primarily ride a 2018 Gold Wing DCT, for doing my long distance riding

isitmondayet

Dec-26

Shane?!?!?

Yeah.... I think if I had changed the engine (cams/pistons/rings) - I would probably not do anything  which might impact oil flow. To make the engine run hard/faster the last I would want is to starve it.

Bob

isitmondayet

Dec-26

Yeah... I get owning a HD, but they don't make anything appealing to me.

Not for any reason but style and price, but I've own a Yamaha since I was 13. Now riding the Yamaha Royal Star Venture - which is insanely comfy for long rides.

Bob

isitmondayet

Dec-26

Hey Abe - Yea! Boone... damn that was fun! Such great roads at all the turns.  I wish I could have made other gatherings, especially NM. That group on this forum were a cool bunch of people and good people too - always helping each other (and trying not to piss Dro off... hehehe).

If anyone remembers Howard (Wilson III) - he led a ride I joined in on @ Boone (I think the majority went out with Mike -the LEO). I still keep in touch with him... he retired from the Air Force a few years back, moved from Delaware to Florida, got some grand kids, bought a LARGE bus type RV's (he hauls his Goldwing on), and recently bought a Dirt Bike... the guy doesn't know what slow looks or sounds like.

Bob

Bob

In reply toRe: msg 1
isitmondayet

Dec-26

Day-um... this is too funny (to me)... at the bottom of this page was an AD for this:

https://www.omaze.com/products/zelectric-vw-bus?https://www.omaze.com/products/zelectric-vw-bus?oa_h=zHxiXwxAPFeXlmOEb_XO_w&utm_term=zelectric-vw-bus&utm_medium=display&utm_source=gdn&utm_campaign=DA_ZelectricVW_GDN&utm_content=photo_Product_Still&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIycHCxYjt7QIVFBV_Ch3Ffw8FEAEYASAAEgIP_vD_BwE

Couldn't help but remember how my TimB LOVED the VW bus - although this one is electric (honestly for me, probably Tim, it wouldn't be PERFECT unless it made that weird metallic rattling noise at acceleration).

Always a good time here!

Bob