The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Knowledge   Newbie Q&A

Started Feb-2 by BrushViper; 507 views.
BrushViper

Feb-2

Okay, so please do not laugh, as i am a new owner of a V-Star 1100 and don't know anything about it.

I need help with preventive maintenance and more.  I will be taking the bike to a shop for them to do everything i need so i don't mess up.  But what i need to know is what should i watch for when i take it to the mechanics?  I don't want to get screwed ya' know?

Also, i plan to take it on a trip from Indiana to Texas here in May, so what would be best to get for a long ride like that?  new seat?  new handlebars? etc....

anything is helpful and please be as detailed as possible.  

Thank you all for your time and consideration

Donn (99Orton)

Feb-2

If you are mechanically inclined these are very easy bikes to work on. Up at the top of the page is a link to the Knowledge base, I would take the time to read the new owners section, maybe browse thru the rest of it and download the owners and service manuals. In the owners manual you will find a maintenence schedule. I would service everything, change rubber parts and fluids as needed. You are kinda on your own for ergonomics, comfort etc since everyone is different so what works for one doesn't work for all.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Like Donn said. Link to the Knowledge Base and start reading. Everything you need to know is in there.

BrushViper

Feb-2

thank you for the time and appreciate the knowledge

crazeeharry

Feb-3

Since this year has started as the last year ended,

lets hope this year ends as last year started!

We can but hope... ( : ))

Good to see you here Donn.

Be well my friend.

Texpatriat

Feb-3

There's always hope, but there's no chance.

Donn (99Orton)

Feb-3

Harry! How the heck are ya?

crazeeharry

Feb-5

Still Crazee, still getting paid, keeping the shiny side up, over a flat tire and self-medicating, it don't get much better than that under the circumstances. 

Stay well & give my regards to Deb.

Harry

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

The last time I was in the grocery store....the beer shelves were full. You've obviously not been doing your part!

crazeeharry

Feb-6

You obviously haven't been to MY grocery store.....  ( ; ))

I don't know what I'm going to do now they won't take glass in my recycling bin... If they'd put a 5 cent refund on bottles I'd be able to earn money at home... LOL!

I hope you and yours are well, Mick...