MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Shock   General Discussion

Started Feb-7 by Texpatriat; 209 views.
Texpatriat

Feb-7

Greetings,

Some comments in a recent thread got me thinking about my shock. At 30,000 miles on an '06 Classic there is a good chance it's not all it should be. How would I know? If it is time to replace what's the best choice, OEM, name brand aftermarket, other?

Any thoughts on the 1" lowering version?

If it matters, I'm about 190lbs and always ride solo. I have no idea how it was ridden for the first 24,000 miles.

Thanks for any input,

JDE

RCCola45

Feb-7

Progressive 465 series is what most use as a good replacement.   I personnel would avoid 1" lower version ... there might be chance of bottoming out.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Yup....465 series for me too. One of the best things I ever did to the 1100. Not a whole lot of choices these days.

Texpatriat

Feb-7

Thanks to both of you. Now the only question is how do I know if I really need it. I think the chances are pretty good but it's time and money I want to know I'm spending wisely.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Hard to give exact things to look for. I didn't realize just how bad mine was until I rode another 1100 through the same corner with a bump at the apex. My bike would feel uneasy, the new shock gave a ride I never expected. Once I got it adjust for my riding style, it was even better. I never remember it handling so good, even before the fine tuning.

It's one of those things that happens slowly over time....so it really goes unnoticed until you can get a comparison.

Texpatriat

Feb-7

Kinda what I thought. I guess I've found this years pre-season project