_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PODS and miscellaneous    Technical-Bikes

Started 2/28/21 by Ed (VeryNorCalEd); 2824 views.
Texpatriat

3/1/21

A quick search on Duck Duck Go gets you here: http://www.sloneservices.com/metric-magic/index.html

Not to take anything away from Tim but it's not hard too put your own pod system together.

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/1/21

Thanks Tex

It took a bit, going to FB, posting pics and eventually my wife prevailed. Duck Duck Go is great!!! Should of started off therestuck_out_tongue_winking_eye something about trees and forestsjoy

I am going back to the knowledge base and going to have a look at the DIY POD MOD. Great suggestion!!

I wanted easy no think since this MOD has been around since the last ice age. Was told the Chubby system is no longer available and still looking at Metric Magic since I now have the web site.

Thanks Tex for taking the time to reply and direction and opinions. I love hearing what others have to say and what their experiences are and have been.

Talking with Donn and looking at his profile list of MODs I had no idea this bike has been so popular and so many have taken the time to make their 1100’s their ownthumbsupthumbsup

Spring is in the air and rides are on the menu. I know you guys got hit with some unusual cold so warming up and getting out is just what the doctor has orderedsun_with_face

Where I’m at in the Sierra, Cascade divide the really good rides still have snow on them which gives me a little more time to get my stuff together. Looking forward to some great rides in the mountains and hopefully a quarter to half of the California coast with my son. He’s jamming trying to get his metric twin finished as well.

Thanks again Tex

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

3/1/21

I think I let her into the FB page today. You can always call or email Tim as well.     metric.magic@gmail.com

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/2/21

Thank you Donnthumbsup

You did and thank you. 

Edrelaxed

Donn (99Orton)

3/2/21

Nor Cal? I'm in Southern Oregon

Dan (Kamikazedan)

3/2/21

I found a few references elsewhere about using a shared intake tract with an air chamber (like the XVS air box) in order to act as a surge tank to control air flow. Seemed very legit, but there is a fuqton of anecdotal evidence here and elsewhere that pods really do the job. I have a project in mind, and truthfully I sorta liked the idea that the stock intake tract might be the hot ticket with less work... but I will be going with the "flow" and putting pods on board.

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/2/21

Yes, I noticed in your profile when I navigated back to take a screen shot of all your mods, the “Donn, blue print and check list of mods for a 1100 V Starthumbsup“ that you were from Grants Pass. Mom and Dad, both passed on now, lived in Merlin, in laws were over the hill in Chiliquin. In laws are in the hill country of Texas now, Leakey Texas. Lots of nice riding there too.

My user name “VeryNorCalEd” is trying to convey that there is more “Northern California” than San Francisco.stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

California has a bad reputation because of a couple of off the hook well known cities and most of California is rural, but not most of the population. disappointed  Heck where I am at the pavement ends and the West is still alive. We drive cows around here with cowboys still. Mostly raise alfalfa hay for the dairies in the valley because of the higher protein content from the elevation. I can jump in my Yamaha Rhino and get to Boise Idaho just about on just dirt roads and a little pavement here and there.

LOL so I added the “Very” in hopes I don’t get judged to harshly.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyesjoyflushedsunglasses

Would love to toodle up your way someday and putt down to the Redwoods and coast and of course sea food would be in order.yumthumbsup

From Susanville it used to take me around 4 hours to get to Grants Pass if I’m remembering correctly. The back way up 139-39 was about 3 1/2 maybe to K Falls. Been awhile probably all off on my time estimates.

sunglassesthumbsup

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/2/21

joyjoyjoy KamikazeDAN is a punny man joyjoyjoy

Going with the “FLOW” I love it!!!!!!!!!!

The bikes, all the awesome owners and mechanics, the brain trust from years of trial and error, seat of the pants, dyno testing all documented for late comers like me, yeah no need to re invent the wheel here. No need to mess with success just GO WITH THE FLOW joy still laughing LOL

Not trying to make a hot rod. I love the push button dependability and a lighter cruiser. However I just can’t leave things alone especially if there is power on the table. More efficient and cooler running, all good things.thumbsup

Vacuum in reserve gave me pause, like I said I’m not claiming to know Jack shizo about all things internal combustion, which is why I needed to reach out to those who do know.

The “Knowledge Base” flushed there is soooooo much info there. It is overwhelming for me but, it’s really helping me to come up with the right questions and the next thing you know it has the answers as well.thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Nothing new under the sun here and no secrets all the cards are on the table for people like me to really get to know their rides.

Thanks again Mick and all contributors for all you all have done.

Thanks for the chuckle Dan.  

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

3/3/21

I have a older Brother in Merlin and my oldest and youngest daughters live in Allen Texas. Gimme a shout if you make it up this way. I love riding over to the coast and into the Redwoods a bit and of course Fish and Chips while over there.

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/3/21

Sounds like a plan and a great ride!!!!thumbsup 

Kinda funny, it's just the way it goes, I have found myself researching the knowledge base and not ordering any parts or making any progress on the Classic because of the depth of knowledge in the "Knowledge Base." I think I got things figured out, like with the PODs and as I'm looking through carb tuning I run into bench syncing, on bike syncing, YouTube videos, PDF downloads manometer builds, carb sync thumb screw up grade etc so I continue to dig and uncover more info and the depression in my couch gets deeper and the shop stays cold and dark. grin

What's happening to me?!?!stuck_out_tongue_winking_eyejoy