_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Add driving lights to 1100 Classic using OEM accessory light bar   General Discussion

Started May-2 by Krankster07; 1655 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
LordRamiro

Jun-28

Hello guys,

new to the forums here.

I bought a 2000 V Star 1100 Custom and the dude gave me the original pipes and a set of cruise lights, saying that it came with the bike when he bought it.

seems I am missing the turn lights (lower hanging) on the bar, OR the bar was as is..

now I am wondering if I can modify the bar, have it bent in a way as to not hinder the turning lights, because since it's straight it comes straight and hides the turn lights.

Thanks

Zonker1972

Jun-28

the bar for the fog lights is usually on the classic. the classic turn signals will mount right to the stock fog light bar but the custom turn signals do not mount right to the fog light bar. i doubt you will be able to have the bar bent in any significant way without cracking the chrome. could you post a pic of the fog light bar? it may or may not be the stock bar. i'm sure with a bit more info there will be someone that can help you out.

zonker

LordRamiro

Jun-28

That`s what I thought so,

That it`s stock for the classic...

I`ll try to take a pic tonight and post it tomorrow when I get home

In reply toRe: msg 9
LordRamiro

Jun-30

Here`s The bar that was given to Me along with My bike... you guys think I could customize it more in order to bend it so it won't interfere with the turn lights ?

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-1

If the bar fits why not just get some Classic turn signals to hang underneath?

In reply toRe: msg 11
LordRamiro

Jul-2

Simply because I don't like the look of hanging turn lights.

Besides... it's a custom model, that's why I was inquiring if I could customize stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye smile

I thought it might give Me more visibility when riding, I don't know about you guys, but here people drive like a**es and I`d like to be more visible.

so, if I gather the opinions correctly, it COULD be doable, but I would most certainly crack the chrome if I have it bent....

Might be worth a try.

Also I am looking for a luggage rack, any pointers ?

Thanks

Zonker1972

Jul-2

i moved my fog lights to the top of my engine guards. helps with visibility and  cleaned up the front of my 1100 classic.

zonker

In reply toRe: msg 13
LordRamiro

Jul-2

Zonker, could you send a pic ?

I find the idea.... interesting

Zonker1972

Jul-2

here's a couple of pics

from the font:  https://ibb.co/kQbSjgB

from the back: https://ibb.co/FYbFTZd

zonker

Gojc

Jul-12

Hello lebdjtim,

I have fog lights with H3 bulbs in it. I would like to put LED bulbs in but the ones I got fell apart after 1000km (chinese). I found some that seem more durable but are all to long and do not fit inside the light. Which ones did you put in?

THX

Gojc