The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

pcv breather   General Discussion

Started Jun-14 by Garrysa; 427 views.
Garrysa

Jun-14

Hi im a new member from South Australia I have a 2003 1100 classic 26ks on clock 

I was checking things out noticed in the aircleaner box some oil going in front carby from pcv off front head

Im wondering if any body has measured the amount of condensation and oil in their bike

I re extended the hose out buy the ign switch put a tee piece in it filter on top hose on bottom about 1/2 inch in diameter clear 

In hot weather i get about 4 inches of water/oil mix  after 500 ks the other day it was about 10 deg c here after 200ks it filled the tube about 6 inches 

Wondering if this is normal 

I dont seem to be going through oil only fill to half way mark

Please help or am i worried about nothing-

Thank you Garry

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-14

Totally normal, try running your oil a tad below the half way mark.

Garrysa

Jun-14

Ok at this stage ill try anything Hope to do another 250k next weekend weather permitting as winter has just started here

Thank you

gradie55

Jun-15

totally normal I run a catch can of the crankcase vent before the filter.. and in the spring when its cooler in the mornings and warm in the afternoon  ... I can drain the catch can and get 3-4 ounces of cream... but as the weather warms up that disappears  shes an 03 1100 running full synthetics and fully modified..

Garrysa

Jun-15

Thank you where did you locate your catch can

Garry

gradie55

Jun-15

its located between the jugs 

Garrysa

Jun-16

Did you make one or buy one

Thank you

Garry

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-16

As usual there is info in the wKB. Scroll way down......V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - Carb and Intake (google.com)

gradie55

Jun-16

I bought it from SS custom cycle .. not sure if he still sells them or not... there is a link in the wiki to make one..