_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Front Fork Rebuild   Technical-Bikes

Started Jun-15 by Zonker1972; 1245 views.
Zonker1972

Jun-15

i had a small leak on one side of my front forks. i decided to replace the seals myself. once i got the forks disassembled i noticed that the yellow plastic "washer" on the top of one of the damper rods was broken. looking at several on-line parts houses, i was unable to find this part or it's name. further, the damper rods are now unavailable. 

does anyone know the name of this part? anyone know where i can get one? i would assume that a damper rod from another 41mm fork would work. do any of the other stars have 41mm forks besides the 1100 and the 650?

thanks,

Zonker

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

If you can...put up a pic of the part you need. I may have one.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

I have one of these.....

Zonker1972

Jun-15

That would work. The yellow bit at the top is what is broken on mine. How much do you need for this damping rod? 

Thx, Zonker

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

....just enough to cover shipping. $10 shipped conusa sound ok?

JONSMITH

Jun-16

Looks like Mick has you covered. For future issues I believe the Yamaha Bolt has nearly identical forks. I used the Bolt Gaitors for my latest addition. 

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

I'm not sure on the Bolt fork internals, but the 650's are pretty much a swap on the internals.

Zonker1972

Jun-17

Thanks mick. You are a life saver. I'll send you a private message and we can hash out the details. 

Zonker

Zonker1972

Jun-17

thanks jonshmith. i have the same gaiters on my 1100. i replaced the fork tubes with +4" tubes and the stock fork covers made it look like i had "highwaters" lol.

Zonker