_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2007 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic Lowering Kit   General Discussion

Started Jun-19 by memoorozco76; 212 views.
memoorozco76

Jun-19

I have a 2007 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic that I am wanting to put a lowering kit on.  I found a 3" drop kit and I was wondering if I would have to do any other mods after I put those on.  Example:  Would I have to relocate my rear brake caliper for clearance purposes?

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-20

No mods needed but you will find that you drag the frame on speed bumps etc and the handling won't be as good. I copied this from the wKB. 

How Low Can You Go?

sscusyc - If you lower the bike past the 1.75" drop your ride is gonna be lousy.......... Your bike will most likely bottom out and for sure with a passenger. You have 4.5 inches of travel minus the above maximum drop of 1.75" -- only leaves you 2.75" of travel... Now add the rider and that number becomes less... Add bags less still ... The heavier the load the worse the ride.

We recommend a 1" drop for a daily rider as well as two up riding and no more then the 1.75 for vertically challenged or those that want that lowered look and do mostly solo riding. (Shane is the owner of SS Custom Cycle Inc.)

Texpatriat

Jun-20

I recently lowered my '06 Classic 1". Any lower and I would need a shorter kickstand at least.