The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Returning to stock handle bars   Technical-Bikes

Started Jun-24 by RCCola45; 287 views.
RCCola45

Jun-24

Good Morning everyone,   I had a 2005 Classic years ago but sold it 3 or 4 years ago to guy in town for his wife to ride.  I installed beach bars on it and loved them but I will admit it was a learning experience turning in parking lots.   Anyway he asked me if I would help him return to stock bars.

He's got just a set of stock bars.  Question for all you guys that have did bars.   What else are we going to need.   These bars come with the little tabs for attaching the wires externally so I will need to get something to wrap the wires once I remove from the beach bars.  They did not come with the end weight ends.   I'm hoping the ISO grips I had on beach bars will cross over to OEM bar.   

Its been 12-13 years since I did them bars that I don't remember what changed or not.   I do remember removing the two connectors and drilling two holes and then reconnecting for a nice clean look but I think that is going to be where most of the work will be messing around with that.

So the question I have is will the ISO grips I had on the bars above fit OEM bars.   The OEM have to threads on the end where the bar weights would go.  I am assuming the ISO grips would just go over the end and cover up the threads.   OR was there a special ISO part number for using on them OEM bars.

Thanks for any information you might have on this, Timm

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-24

Everything should swap right over. If you end up needing the bar weights I might have a set or two.

RCCola45

Jun-24

Thanks you Donn, I will keep that in mind.   I know we don't have stock grips so I am thinking won't require weights.   I am thinking now that because the weights are not used that there was an insert that makes up for that inside the ISO grips.   Insert was not required for any other bar.   Does that ring a bell?   

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-24

No weights used with the iso grips. Only OEM.