The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

fork oil leak   Technical-Bikes

Started Jul-11 by jas2048; 628 views.
Donn (99Orton)

Jul-12

Yes do both of them, it's not really hard to do. Here is some info from the wKB.....V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - Forks (google.com) and a link to the manual...V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - 8 Library (google.com)

jas2048

Jul-12

Thanks a bunch Donn, the video is worth it's weight in gold. Watching the fork cap come off set my mind at ease as I was concerned as to the amount of pressure the fork spring exerts on the fork cap. It looks quite manageable and not too excessive. The step by step process shown was especially helpful.

Thanks again Donn.

JONSMITH

Jul-17

I just did my seals for the first time a few weeks ago. I recommend a seal driver. I bought the motion pro 41mm driver on Amazon for $50. Its yours for $30 + shipping if interested. 

Ensure you have the correct fork seals, new copper washers, fork oil, and dust seals before you tear them down. I had the wrong seals and learned the hard way to compare the new seals to old ones before attempting to install them. 

I would also recommend slider bushings if your bike has high mileage. Everything except the oil in my forks had 123k miles on them. Hope that helps.

Jon

HerbSouth

Jul-17

Donn Corleonee?

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-18

PM me and let me know when you are ready to contribute and I will remove the gag.