_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Carb tuning help   General Discussion

Started Oct-5 by Justmessingaround (terry1978); 557 views.

Bike has a slight hesitation just a off idol like a dead spot Has pods and stock exhaust AIS blocked off  carbs are synced and well cleaned 145 mains 22.5 Pilot Jets 3.5+ turns out on pilot needle any less stumble becomes worse and backfires so it’s running fairly well at that setting I think 3.5 turns is quite a bit for 22.5 pilot jet there’s some Micro cracks in the intake boot possible intake leak I guess what’s your opinion much appreciate it.

gradie55

Oct-5

your problem is your really rich on the pilot should be 17.5 stock .. the yamaha primary circuit is already rich .. cut back to 17.5 and 2 shims on the needles and should be good  

gradie55

Oct-5

as well your mains could go up to 147.5

crazeeharry

Oct-5

Good to see you here Ron, hoping all is still well.

I thought the same thing running rich The spark plugs plugs tell a different story clean light tan to White colour intake manifolds coupler have cracks in the inner lip my guess a vacuum leak 

Donn (99Orton)

Oct-6

Ron nailed it! I had the same issue with 22.5 pilots, 17.5's cleared the issue.

gradie55

Oct-6

the info that I gave re-jet sizes are all from when I tuned my 1100 on the dyno for 1 complete day.. its not any guess work... it tuned to keep the max power with an AFR of 13.5 .. which is important with those jets in your pilots 22.5 you would be in the basement somewhere around high 9 very low 10... which the dyno operator just shuts it off till you fix it it .. he would waste the time ... just passing it along ...

carbs are rejected 147.5 17.5 pilot and synced Float height factory 14mm 3 turns out on pilot screw good throttle response I have a rough idle. idol dips stumbles only if throttle is Applied more than a quarter throttle when closed bit more playing around with pilot screw.

gradie55

Oct-8

carbs sync'd ? and the 3 out turns is not an exact position you need to fine tune 

Pilot screw set to 4-1/8 out running good seems as if I would like a little more anything over 4-1/2 on pilot screw you should step up size on pilot jet ?. on three turns out bike has a low-speed stumble carbs sneezing.