The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fuel Pump   Technical-Bikes

Started Oct-28 by Vadose; 519 views.
Vadose

Oct-28

Does the fuel pump just activate at start up to fill the float bowls or does it run continuously to supply fuel to the carbs. I thought maybe my fuel pump was  maybe going bad on my 2000 v star 1100 because of loss of power at high RRMs.Thanks in advance.

• Edited October 28, 2021 11:13 am  by  Vadose
In reply toRe: msg 1
crazeeharry

Oct-28

You will hear the fuel pump for a few seconds when you  turn on the ignition and the engine cutoff switch, and stop.

While cranking and when the bike is running the pump runs continuously... Pump problems show like a vacuum in the tank bad cap valve, or running dry of gas.  I hope this helps.

Hey Harry, No the pump does not run continuously when the motor is running. It cuts off at 2#s of pressure & comes on when the pressure drops below 2#s.

crazeeharry

Oct-29

Thank you Tim, I learn a little every day. I appreciate your input.

Be well my friend....

needed a pump for my XJR1300 yamaha they wanted $800 found out it was a mitsubishi part and got it for $67..... pays to look around lol
In reply toRe: msg 1
gradie55

Oct-30

if you hear it when it primes first then shuts off, floats are full. when you twist the throttle its pumps fuel to the bowls. 

crazeeharry

Nov-3

Yes Tim,

I won't ride through New Mexico, without giving you notice and looking you up.  Be well my friend.

I'll keep an eye out for ya! :)

crazeeharry

Nov-4

Thanks Tim,

That image cracked me up!

I'm not even that crazee.... (yet).

(I don't think!)   : )