_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

AIS Plugs   General Discussion

Started Oct-29 by 2k1VStarRide; 609 views.
2k1VStarRide

Oct-29

Hi All,

Anybody here from Canada who would know where I can get some empty or spent 45 shells?

I want to remove the AIS hardware - currently it's bypassed but I want the clean look without the tubes.

I just want two (or three in case I mess one up).

I tried Google but no luck.

I have the Baron kit but from what I've read it may crack the heads - don't want that to happen!

Thanks,

Harold

gradie55

Oct-30

thats total bunk on the heads cracking... there is no real pressure there are a friction fit.. and I'm running Barons kit for 18 yrs. .. so you should be good to go... had the same issue... its hard to get .45acp up here... so I installed the barons kit

Texpatriat

Oct-30

More for my convenience than anything else I left the elbows in the heads and plugged them with appropriately sized allen head  machine screws. You have to really be looking for them to even notice.

2k1VStarRide

Oct-30

Good to know.

Sometimes it's hard what to believe!

Thanks for the reply!

2k1VStarRide

Oct-30

Another good option to keep in mind.

Riding season is mostly finished up here.

Will start working on the bike soon.

Thanks for your input.

Donn (99Orton)

Nov-1

I've heard the same about Barons plugs cracking the heads. Probably installer error but it's what I've read.

gradie55

Nov-1

probably because they didn't read the instructions.. to tighten lightly...  mine are still in .. had all sorts of head work down .. and lots of pressure in them cylinders.. it concerns me ... but hasn't broke yet.. 

Donn (99Orton)

Nov-2

I believe the heads were being broken during the install of the plugs for some reason.