_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How unscrew (disassemble) the passing lights/blinkers combo? (V-Star 1100 Classi   Technical-Bikes

Started Nov-10 by JMK1100 (JMK1000); 224 views.
JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-10

Hi Guys,

I have a completely trivial problem.  I am replacing the incandescent lights for LED on my 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic).

As shows in enclosed images the passing lights are on the same morning bracket as the front blinkers.  OK.  I do not want to ruin them.  I tried to loosen the clamp on the blinker - maybe it would go off the strange nut on the bottom of the steel bracket. No movement.  Inside of the light there is a long nut.  I tried to move it - no real result - just all assembly started to be 'not tight'.

What is the trick?  Anybody knows or can point me to the tech. drawing of these auxiliary lights?

The reason I try to disassembly them is that I got already toe LEDs with housing - just do not know if they are compatible, and until I can put them apart - I am lost.  There are some other options - just replace the halogen lapp for the LED - fine - but there is a slight dimension problem.  All LEDs are just a bit smaller, so another need for som gerry-rigging.
Anybody can help?

Donn (99Orton)

Nov-12

Remove the driving light from the housing and start taking it apart from there.

JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-12

I asked original question after removing the lights from the housing.  The nut inside wasn't responding to the gentle wrench action.  I didn't know if there was something I need to do first.  I didn't want to brake it.
Someone gave me a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1lNGdxGW5c - a terrible video, but on the opening frames I saw the parts disassembled, and the author talked later what he was doing.

So, I recognized the bolts - no trick, just tight screwed in.  At the end - I reused the bolts for the new housing.  I works.

I have the new LED passing lights.  Quite happy with them.