The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fork seals   Technical-Bikes

Started Nov-10 by Vadose; 385 views.
Vadose

Nov-10

Anyone know where is a good source for OEM or equivalent to purchase fork seals for my 2000 V star 1100? One of my forks are leaking at the top.

I would like to get OEM if possible. Thanks in advance.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Zonker1972

Nov-11

i got some oem fork seals on ebay. i would suggest replacing the seals on both forks, even tough the other one isn't leaking. it is most likely coming near the end of it's life.

zonker

Vadose

Nov-19

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I found  some OEM fork seals on Ebay.   A winter project to keep me busy. I'm also going to have the front tire replaced while I have the wheel off the bike.  Ive been running Metzlers for years and I have the 888 series purchased for the front and I am going to change out the back soon as well. They still have some tread left but they are aging. I don't ride nearly as much as I used too when I was younger. Its hard to believe I have had my 2000 V Star custom for over 20 years now.

• Edited November 19, 2021 10:46 am  by  Vadose
In reply toRe: msg 4
Vadose

Nov-19

Does anyone know what size fork seal driver I will need for the 2000 v star 1100? Thanks in advance.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

I've never used one. I had a piece of galvanized pipe that fit the seal and use it as my driver. I just cut one of my old seals in half to lay on top of the new seal when I drive it in. never had an issue

In reply toRe: msg 1
OldAFVetProf

Nov-21

A 1-1/4 x1 1/4 PVC coupler (check my size, I might disremember) works like a champ. You might want to smooth out the one end that goes on the seal just for fun, but that thing works like the Cat's PJs.