_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

(Sorry it might be a stupid question) Is there a possibility to change the posit   Technical-Bikes

Started Nov-13 by JMK1100 (JMK1000); 273 views.
JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-13

I hate asking stupid questions - but my bike is on the streets of Upper East Side of Manhattan (there is a kind of general bias of NOT doing amy repairs on the street.
So, question is: is there a possibility to change the position of the bucket of the headlight?  
I got my new LED lamp, but after adjusting the 2 screws on the bottom of the lamp, it's still slightly too high.  
The bucket is 'kind of fixed'.  Have you ever changed the position of it and how?

Just to make sure we're taking about the same bike:  2007 Yamaha V-Star 100 Classic.
I would appreciate some advice.

Texpatriat

Nov-13

It may also be a stupid answer but are you sure the lamp isn't installed upside down?

JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-13

Actually it fits only one way - and DOT markings are supposed to be on the top - and they are.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Bend the bracket...

Texpatriat

Nov-13

Well, I said it may be a stupid answer. I have heard of people getting them in upside down. I'm not sure how.

JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-13

No, nothing stupid about this answer.  It was the first thing I checked after having adjustment problems.  Cheers.

JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-13

Thanks. I am going to the bike now to see exactly the whole bracket.  Maybe, instead of bending it, some shims would be better...  I hate altering something when it doesn't need to be altered.  Good to know that it is bendable, though.

In reply toRe: msg 7
JMK1100 (JMK1000)

Nov-13

I examined the bracket a moment ago - instead of bending the bracket (which I would hate doing) I can put some shims on the 2 top screws, which would change the angle of the bucket as much as I need, if I need it.

I also found out, that I have still enough of the adjustment screws left to lower the beam.  

So, I am set.  Thank you all.  My next project will be changing the turn signals for brighter LEDs (with balance resistors of course).
Cheers.