_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bobber build and Blue Collar Bobbers   General Discussion

Started May-11 by Dan (Kamikazedan); 124 views.
Dan (Kamikazedan)

May-11

Hi all

I have restarted a long-delayed bobber project based on a 2008 Midnight Custom. I just want to pass along a recommendation for Blue Collar Bobbers as a parts source. I am using their rear fender kit and their seat pan and saddle kit. Both are very high quality, using heavy gauge powder-coated steel for all mounting pieces. Everything mounted up very easily, just as described, and I had both done in a day (and I also cut down and chunked up a tree that day!) 

More impressive is that they include everything you need for the install, including the correct drill bits, thread locker, and RTV for areas that may trap water and corrode. They even included dubbin to treat the saddle leather! 

They were also great about handling email inquiries, and shipping was fast fast FAST! My only nitpick is that their instructions are only in video form. While they were very thorough and even had some slick hints, there were times I just wanted a diagram to check whether this washer went over or under this part. Pretty picky, huh? 

Anyway, I am impressed.