_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Installing universal speedometer    Technical-Bikes

Started May-13 by Dan (Kamikazedan); 204 views.
Dan (Kamikazedan)

May-13

Hi all 

I am doing a bobber build, including installing a Sportster style tank, so I picked up a small Drag Specialties universal unit. There is no specific instruction regarding connections, but most are straightforward. However, there is one that I might be overthinking. I could use some help, particularly if you have done this. 

There are three conx that are specifically for the speed sensor. One is a ground, one is labeled "Green, Signal" and the last is labeled "Orange, sensor power". I assume the green wire will go to the white wire from the sensor. Would you expect the orange wire to go to the blue/yellow sensor wire?

I am concerned because I have no reference for what voltage the sensor expects, or what voltage the speedometer provides on that sensor power wire. Given my druthers, I would rather not fry either the sensor or the somewhat pricier speedo. 

Anybody got input? Thanks in advance... 

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

That's  a tough one Dan. It sounds like you're on the right track. I've never done it so can't offer much help

steve (HERRICK123)

May-15

My 05 1100 was doing the same thing had it stock with no air filter tube would do this .I put the pod air filter on no more bogging. what air filters do you use really matter, what are your air filters?

what's your setup?