The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Random question   Newbie Q&A

Started May-14 by Supler; 292 views.
Supler

May-14

Hello I'm again sorta new and I've gotta question right now I'm pretty sure I've got My carbs synced with a little bit of back fire out the exhaust pipes on the decel but my problem is when I got to try and test my 2000 yamaha vstar classic 1100 on a road test o can't go past half throttle or she will bogg down till I release I've been looking everywhere please help if I gotta take my carbs apart again so be it I'm just sick of nit being able to enjoy my bike 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Half throttle is where the slides/needles/mains start coming into play. I'd make sure you have the jets in the right locations.....and that everything is assembled correctly. These are super simple carbs, but if 1 thing isn't right they will not function correctly. Follow the instructions in the Jetting bible in the KB exactly word for word.

Supler

May-14

I mean I pulled them apart and brought the clip up one on my needle and after syncing them it's gotten alittle better but still wanting to bogg in spots 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Donn (99Orton)

May-15

I would do as Mick suggested and then do a lean drop and sync. All the info you need is in the KB

Supler

May-15

Yea I was actually reading the Bible and learned that it's the new needles I put in it they have to be the original ones