_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

V Star 1100 Classic LED Headlight Bulb Replacement   General Discussion

Started Sep-26 by BikekaRider; 559 views.
BikekaRider

Sep-26

Hey All,

I was trying to search for a thread regarding replacing my main headlight bulb with a brighter LED H4 bulb. Does anybody have a suggestion? There are alot of H4 bulbs out there but if anyone has one that has worked well for them, would appreciate a share. Thanks all and safe riding!!

Bikeka

4Strokes

Sep-26

I ran one for about a year.

While I liked the white color of the LED bulb i didn't like the pattern that it projected so much.

It was great on the high beam but on low it projected well to each side but not far enough out front.

It didn't last nearly as long as they say they will either. It started strobing on me one morning on the way to work.

I've just gone back to the old halogen.

BikekaRider

Sep-26

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure which to get. My halogen is getting weak. I need to replace it. Still looking at options. Thanks again for the info...

eruby

Sep-27

I initially tried an LED H4 bulb but I think the Classic's reflector/lens sucks. While the LED was brighter, it didn't do much down the road. I then bought one of those 7" replacement projection lights. Fit perfectly in the 7" housing and was plug-and-play. They run from like $40 to $400. I purchased a $40 one on Amazon to try and my plan was to upgrade if I liked it. Well I liked it so much I never upgraded it. it was one like this:

In reply toRe: msg 4
BikekaRider

Sep-27

thank you enruby! I was looking at these as well but am a little leary of the wiring. Was there any electrical modifications required? 

Sorry to be a pain here but I do like this idea.

You don't happen to remember the brand?

Thanks again!

In reply toRe: msg 4
BikekaRider

Sep-27

Was it Sunpie?

eruby

Sep-27

It was a simple single plug-in. I didn't like or want the angel eye or blinkers built in - just wanted a headlight. You will need to do some wiring if you want the extra lights. Mine was a Sunpie but the one in the pic above has a mounting a ring - mine did not. On the 7" Classic or Silverado, the OEM ring works fine - just look closely at how the little spring/clip sits in there when taking the old reflector out. I didn't and took me a while to figure that out.

This is one like the one I bought. They are probably all made in the same Chinese factory. If you want a really nice one, look at JW Speaker or TruckLite as they are like top of the line. Word is, Harley Davidson uses the JW Speaker for their OEM headlights but I cannot confirm that.

In reply toRe: msg 7
BikekaRider

Sep-27

Wow! Thanks so much! 

Safe riding