The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

rectifier   Technical-Bikes

Started Oct-27 by Weeevr; 417 views.
Weeevr

Oct-27

any good aftermarket rectifiers out there before i fork out a buck & a half for a yamaha one.

the ebay one that cost $25 let me sit after only 1 month, shorted to ground, took out main fuse, there i sat.

thanks in advance

In reply toRe: msg 1
SebastianGER

Oct-27

You may have just answered your own question....

Texpatriat

Oct-27

I got a good used oem reg/rec on e bay for 30 or 40 bucks. That was 3 years ago and no problems. Used oem is way better than new Chinese crap.

ABE (spud116)

Oct-27

The answer is NO. There are no good aftermarket ones. Get the heavier one mentioned in the KB that is for a Road Star (I think) . Might be for another Yammy. It' in the KB.

Weeevr

Nov-4

went to yamaha, they told me due to the expense of oem units, they sell one from Mikes

Saw em online for half the $ but was unsure. Told me they been usin' them for quite sometime & they are reliable. This from a yam dealer who has installed many. Web priced from what I saw from $100 to 125, he sells me one for 90,had it on his shelf.

Done deal, time will tell but very confident.

thanks & youall keep this in mind.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Texpatriat

Nov-4

OEM is less than $130.00 and good used is not too hard to find so why risk 100-125?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Texpatriat

Nov-6

I think what he was actually talking about was the price they pay (wholesale), not the price you pay.