_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Modifying my bike, advice please   CustomModifications/Projects

Started 8/1/18 by Cerberus73; 2065 views.
In reply toRe: msg 13
Cerberus73

8/3/18

Another quick question, Right the progressive 465 rear shock, I can pick one up for just £230 ($297) at todays conversion rate from a supplier i know here. he only has 1 in stock from a batch he ordered, but its the 1" lower version, the front end upgrade kit I'm wanting allows you to set it stock, or 1" to 2" lower. so the main crux of my question is, would i notice any adverse handling from dropping it at both ends by 1" the roads here can be twisty, and the surfaces not in the greatest state of repair. I am also going to give Hagon shocks a call, has anyone got one on there 1100? its around £300 to buy direct from them. Im  around 210lb i dont carry pillion really, but i can go touring with loaded up saddlebags, tent etc. so probably another 100lb or so at times. this 465 is about half the usual going price.

Call Hagon. I don't know if the build an 1100 shock. I know they do for the Royal*.

Cerberus73

8/3/18

Yeah hagon do make a shock for the 1100, it was more a comparison between the progressive and hagon. and if going for the lower shock will affect the handling.

Lower the front & rear 1" & you'll get better cornering, but no frame scraping. Lower & you'll scrape the frame sometimes. Any shocks/springs are better than stock

I have cams due here on Tuesday 8/28. 3 coming, 2 are already sold.

smilermike

Aug-2

I've got the Maxair system on my bike , and slip on exhausts , re jetted to maxair  specs. seems to have more grunt in mid range than my mates xvs 1100. I'm happy with the outcome as they hidden under the tank, . changed the standard air box for a spike , but it's just for show.

Msg 62512.23 deleted