_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

O-ribg removal mikuni carbs   Tuning&Exhaust:04cal/06 up

Started Oct-1 by seabird1974; 846 views.
seabird1974

Oct-1

Hi everyone, 

Last winter I changed a few things on my bike including swapping to Chubby air kit and Cobra slash cut pipes, AIS removal etc. 

I followed Shane's instructions and put 152.5 main jets in but had not seen the not on the wiki page (I think it is new) about the O-ring:

After lots of trial and error, we have found that simply removing the "O" ring from main jet holder is sufficient to allow ample fuel to flow into the pocket of the '06-up fuel bowls.

Since doing all this the only real notable problem is around 60-65mph it doesn't feel happy. Also reading on the wiki it says main jet 150 for POD with full exhaust. 

My bike is a 2007 European setup so not sure if these problems are caused by my setup. Will take a picture of the inside of my carb bowl but already attached a picture from last year: outside of the bowl. 

Do the smart people here think this problem is related to my setup? Would the O-ring removal fix it? Or should I go smaller main jets? Or both? 

Thank you for your help 

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Stick with Shane's recommended jet size. It's his kit.

Remove the O ring. It lets fuel flow easier into the bottom of the bowl where the jet is.

In reply toRe: msg 2
seabird1974

Oct-6

Opened up my carbs today to remove the o ring. This is what I found on the inside (both sides identical) 

Is this the o ring that should be removed anyways? It was installed and in good condition when I closed it up last time. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
seabird1974

Oct-10

Anybody any idea what could have caused this? Fuel degradation? Or anything else? 

RCCola45

Oct-10

I don't recall the entire story here but if you had been using gas with that crap ethanol in it and the bike has been sitting for while ... I have seen carbs all gunked up from that.   

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Depends on where the O ring came from. If it was one of those cheap Ebay kits, that can happen. I've never had an O ring issue in the 15 years I've had my bike and have never run anything but ethanol fuel. My bike will even sit a month or 2 sometimes......but I always use Sta-Bil in the fuel before.

In reply toRe: msg 6
seabird1974

Oct-15

O-rings removed and carbs installed again. Bike runs but after a start and quick stationary checked in the intakes of my carbs and there is fuel sitting under my filter. (only at front filter/rear cylinder) 

I am assuming that is not good. 

Or should I not check until synced and all

In reply toRe: msg 7
seabird1974

Oct-15

Or is this just the result for being on the kick stand and leaning towards that carb/filter? 

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

It's normal for a little fuel to collect there. Synch the carbs and go for a ride.

seabird1974

Oct-16

Thank you for that answer. Was afraid something was wrong with the floats or something. When is the amount too much? I had never checked the elbows for fuel before so for me fuel in the inlet seemed like a problem