_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

O-ribg removal mikuni carbs   Tuning&Exhaust:04cal/06 up

Started Oct-1 by seabird1974; 841 views.
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Stick with Shane's recommended jet size. It's his kit.

Remove the O ring. It lets fuel flow easier into the bottom of the bowl where the jet is.

In reply toRe: msg 2
seabird1974

Oct-6

Opened up my carbs today to remove the o ring. This is what I found on the inside (both sides identical) 

Is this the o ring that should be removed anyways? It was installed and in good condition when I closed it up last time. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
seabird1974

Oct-10

Anybody any idea what could have caused this? Fuel degradation? Or anything else? 

RCCola45

Oct-10

I don't recall the entire story here but if you had been using gas with that crap ethanol in it and the bike has been sitting for while ... I have seen carbs all gunked up from that.   

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Depends on where the O ring came from. If it was one of those cheap Ebay kits, that can happen. I've never had an O ring issue in the 15 years I've had my bike and have never run anything but ethanol fuel. My bike will even sit a month or 2 sometimes......but I always use Sta-Bil in the fuel before.

In reply toRe: msg 6
seabird1974

Oct-15

O-rings removed and carbs installed again. Bike runs but after a start and quick stationary checked in the intakes of my carbs and there is fuel sitting under my filter. (only at front filter/rear cylinder) 

I am assuming that is not good. 

Or should I not check until synced and all

In reply toRe: msg 7
seabird1974

Oct-15

Or is this just the result for being on the kick stand and leaning towards that carb/filter? 

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

It's normal for a little fuel to collect there. Synch the carbs and go for a ride.

seabird1974

Oct-16

Thank you for that answer. Was afraid something was wrong with the floats or something. When is the amount too much? I had never checked the elbows for fuel before so for me fuel in the inlet seemed like a problem

Hally1962

Oct-19

Mine do it on number 1 cylinder , it dont cause me a problem  but im tempted to put a compression  tester on it just to make sure the inlet valve is seating correctly