_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pods   Tuning&Exhaust:99-05 non cal

Started Jul-2 by Basxvs1100; 2415 views.
Donn (99Orton)

Jul-4

The quiet mod. I did the Chubby kit back in 08.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

I have the chubby kit too. But how do you clean/change the filters when you used the glue?

I’ll let you know if I had the time and install them. 

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-6

Take the clamp loose where the elbow attaches to the carbs. I think I cleaned them once in 30k miles. If you have any questions call Shane. He's a great guy and will help.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

Yes that’s right, I can loose the elbost at the carb side
If I have any further questions I’ll contact Shane, I think I can do that on this forum right?

crazeeharry

Jul-6

I also have the Chubby air kit from Shane.

Glue his filters to the elbows that come off the carb throats, to fit, #1 elbow goes up front on the carb of #2 cylinder, #2 Elbow goes on the back #1 cylinder, for clearance with the tank. So the Elbows reverse (look for moulded in number on each elbow for ref. 

To clean, remove tank, remove elbow from carb, cleans as per K&N instructions, dry, oil, reinstall.

Filters remain glued to elbows through the process. (Glue process. scuff rubber boots & rubber filter neck with sand paper, wipe with alcohol, dry and glue em. Mine were done in 2013, no issues.

Hope this helps...

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-6

I don't think he monitors this site much anymore. I would call on the phone.

Basxvs1100

Jul-7

Thanx! This information is very helpfull

Basxvs1100

Jul-7

Allright, I live in The Netherlands so it’s hard to find the right time to call. But maybe I can also send him an email. 
Shane is the owner of sscustomcycle.com?

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-7

Yes, and email for sure then.

Basxvs1100

Jul-11

Allright guys, I mounted the pods yesterday. 

I must say, it’s the best thing I’ve did with my xvs 1100!!

152,5 main nozzles in both carbs, 20 pilot nozzle and pms 3,5 turns out. I’ve trown away the needle which belong to the dynojet kit and place back the stock needle. 
My bike is riding like never before! Very smooth on every roundabout, I don’t have to shift a lot and has very much power in every range and on every speed

I’ve used the tip to change the rubber elbows. (Number 1 on carb nr 2, and elbow nr 2 on carb nr1). So thanks for that tip!

The only thing I mentioned is when reassembling the fuel tank, one of the small brackets on the bottom of the fuel tank is coming on the new crank vent. The small brackets on the bottom of the fuel tank are for the wires of the speedometer. 

does anyone recognise this “problem”? For now I’ve put my fuel tank back with some little tension.