Politics and Government -  Comey fired (215 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-has-fired-fbi-director-comey-white-house/ar-BBAXgwy

President Donald Trump on Tuesday fired FBI Director James Comey in a shock development, saying Comey was no longer able to effectively lead the agency.

"It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission," he said in a letter to Comey released by the White House.

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 6:27 PM 
To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 12) 
 43545.2 in reply to 43545.1 

I took a couple of hours offline and look what happens. I'm no fan of Comey, but I think that tanks the Trump-Russia investigation now

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: All  (3 of 12) 
 43545.3 in reply to 43545.1 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-fires-james-comey_us_59123897e4b05e1ca202d173?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

“The FBI is one of our Nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement,” Trump said in a statement

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 12) 
 43545.4 in reply to 43545.2 

I hope that may actually step up the investigation. Maybe the Senate will step up and get started? Think some more deepthroat type leaks might occur from this firing?

• Edited May 9, 2017 6:33 pm  by  Mort15

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 6:34 PM 
To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 12) 
 43545.5 in reply to 43545.4 

I think the Senate had closed hearings yesterday or today. They really need an independent investigation with funds for staff and investigators, but I don't see the Congressional GOP going for it.

edited - hearings, not investigations

• Edited May 9, 2017 6:35 pm  by  Marci (marcinmin)

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 7:13 PM 
To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 12) 
 43545.6 in reply to 43545.1 

Schumer on now, calling for independent special prosecutor

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 7:18 PM 
To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 12) 
 43545.7 in reply to 43545.1 

CNN Jeff Zeleny reporting Trump decided to fire Comey a week ago and asked DOJ to come up with a rationale to justify it

TPM: Just a few moments ago Jeff Zeleny reported on CNN (rush transcript) that the President started discussing firing Comey a week ago and then asked DOJ to come up with a “rationale” for the firing. Transcript after the jump …

This was a very closely kept credit at the White House. I’m told only a handful of top advisories knew this was coming. I am told just moments ago that the President himself has been considering this, been thinking about this for at least a week. Did not necessarily have the rationale when they first started talking about this but then asked the Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General to look for that rationale and that explanation. And that is what we got this afternoon. The timing of this, of course, so interesting, Erin because the Russian investigation front and center, it is one of the things that aggravates this president more than anything at all.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 9:17 PM 
To: All  (8 of 12) 
 43545.8 in reply to 43545.7 

just got a breaking news alert - Trump sent someone down to FBI to give Comey the letter but he was in LA giving a speech and saw the news on tv! Corrupt, inept Trumpers

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-9 11:13 PM 
To: All  (9 of 12) 
 43545.9 in reply to 43545.5 

Chuck Schumer has asked all Dem Senators to be in their seats tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. when he speaks to the body

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 12) 
 43545.10 in reply to 43545.7 

Marci (marcinmin) said...

asked DOJ to come up with a rationale to justify it

If true and can be proven, this could be very damaging. If Comey had done something to be fired, DOJ would never have been "asked" to find a rationale to fire him.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.