Politics and Government -  Trump signs O-Care dismantle order (174 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-12 12:19 PM 
To: All  (1 of 15) 

yes, flood the market with junk policies

(CNN)President Donald Trump took his first steps Thursday toward fulfilling his vow to dismantle Obamacare, signing an executive order that he says will bring affordable health insurance to millions more people.

The order broadly tasks the administration with developing policies to increase health care competition and choice in order to improve the quality of health care and lower prices.
However, it could also destabilize Obamacare by siphoning out younger and healthier Americans from the exchanges.
The order, Trump said from the Roosevelt Room of the White House, would give "millions of Americans with Obamacare relief." It would "cost the United States government virtually nothing and people will have great great health care. And when I say people, I mean by the millions and millions."
Trump said the measures "should have been done a long time ago, and could have been done a long time ago."
Specifically, the President is directing the Labor Department to study how to make it easier for small businesses, and possibly individuals, to join together and buy health insurance through nationwide association health plans, a senior administration official said Thursday. The department could give employers in the same industries more flexibility to offer group coverage across state lines, providing them with a broader range of policies at lower rates.

Reply   Options 

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 3:26 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 15) 
 45896.2 in reply to 45896.1 

Yes, it may flood the market with cheaper policies. If I'm not going to need pregnancy or birth control coverage why should I pay for it? Why should I pay for senior citizen's coverage if I'm 20 something? Yes this makes policies more expensive for those who need specific coverage. Why shouldn't these people pay for what they need?

P.S, I m a senior citizen.

• Edited October 15, 2017 3:27 pm  by  HWPeeler (HPeeler)

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-15 5:06 PM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 15) 
 45896.3 in reply to 45896.2 

Because that is how insurance works. You don’t necessarily know what you need until you get sick. Cons and libertarians like to use that bogus argument about pregnancy. Men are involved even if they don’t actually get pregnant. If you have an employer plan the premiums are set on the basis of the group, not an individual. I suspect you know all of this and are bringing up specious argument just for the sake of it.

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 5:37 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 15) 
 45896.4 in reply to 45896.3 

What you say about insurance has a history, yes. The whole group pays for the cost of a few who need more coverage. This is what Trump proposes to remedy. Why should the young and healthy pay for the seniors? Let the seniors, as a group, pay their own. Trump is playing to the young to middle aged working white class. Theirs will benefit the most. Us old people will suffer the most from it.

Allowing sales across state lines will benefit bigger insurance companies a lot. Are they Republican supporters

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-15 6:14 PM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 15) 
 45896.5 in reply to 45896.4 

Trump doesn't propose shit. He's a destroyer. He has no ideas, policies or concepts. Why should healthy people pay for sick people? Why not send all the sick people someplace like Puerto Rico and let them fend for themselves? More savings for everyone else. It's the libertarian way. Trump is playing to the same people who need that health insurance but are too blinded to realize it. And you are just trolling.

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 6:34 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 15) 
 45896.6 in reply to 45896.5 

I can not disagree with your attitude. It has merit. You may go a bot to far sending all the senior sick to Puerto Rico, but I understand your motivation.

Marci (marcinmin) said...

Trump is playing to the same people who need that health insurance but are too blinded to realize it.

He is playing to people do not feel they need as much insurance as ObamaCare sells. What they really need may be something more. We agree Trump does not have a good grasp on the big picture of what he does ... in almost everything he does.

I hope what comes from the Trump era is more specific requirements for those running for president. Our current requirements are too minimal. Trump does not understand the role of the president, does not understand the constitution, the structure of the government, international politics ... dang this is a long list.

From: Ted (TW9808121976) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 7:48 PM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 15) 
 45896.7 in reply to 45896.4 

Then why have insurance at all? Let everyone pay for what they actually need rather than what someone guesses they'll need?

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 9:27 PM 
To: Ted (TW9808121976) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 15) 
 45896.8 in reply to 45896.7 

Ted (TW9808121976) said...

Then why have insurance at all?

Correct. Why make it mandatory?

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 15) 
 45896.9 in reply to 45896.5 

Marci (marcinmin) said...

And you are just trolling.

I have decided to not interact with anyone that believes that the US should be the first to use a nuclear weapon and has no empathy for people in neutral countries that would suffer major poisoning from the fallout. His only purpose is to troll.

From: Ted (TW9808121976) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-16 7:16 AM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 15) 
 45896.10 in reply to 45896.8 

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said...

Ted (TW9808121976) said...

Then why have insurance at all?

Correct. Why make it mandatory?

No, by your reasoning, why have it at all? Mandatory or not, it amounts to some people paying for other people's needs.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.