High Crimes & Misdemeanors -  Jr. cites atty-client privilege (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-6 10:55 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Attorney client privilege does not apply to conversations between Jr. and Sr. The Trumps know that, their lawyers know that, but they know the GOPers in charge of the House intel committee will accept it. Indeed, Rep Conaway said Donald Jr. answered all questions fully. When he wasn't citing attorney client privilege, he used a lot of 'I don't recall's. That won't work with Mueller

WASHINGTON (Reuters)  President Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., declined to discuss with lawmakers on Wednesday a conversation he had with his father about emails related to a June 2016 meeting he attended with Trump associates and Russians, a congressional panel member said.

Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee investigating allegations of Russian interference in last year’s U.S. election, said Trump Jr. answered the “overwhelming majority” of questions from committee members in his hours of testimony.

But Trump Jr. claimed attorney-client privilege in declining to respond to queries about that discussion with his father because a lawyer was in the room when it took place. The discussion between then-Republican candidate Trump and his son took place after the emails became public, Schiff said. Trump Jr. released the emails in July.

“In my view there is no attorney-client privilege that protects a discussion between father and son,” Schiff told reporters after the closed-door testimony had ended.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 46634.2 in reply to 46634.1 

He is a special kind of stupid.

Follow my blog: www.lllll77.wordpress.com
Rachel Maddow: America's Hottest vampire!

"Nothing is more terrifying than ignorance in action." - Goethe

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.