Politics and Government -  Oprah's friends urge her to run (161 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 8:20 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

Reliable Sources newsletter:

Oprah's friends are telling her: "You can do this"

Oprah Winfrey is being urged to run for president by many of her high-powered friends. She's listening intently; she's taking it seriously; and she is actively thinking about a bid.

This is according to three of her friends, all of whom I contacted on Monday after Winfrey's stunning speech at the Golden Globes. The sources outlined what an Oprah for President campaign could look like -- if Winfrey decides that running for high office is her calling.

To be clear: Winfrey is not saying she's in, but she's definitely not ruling it out either. Officially, her camp declined to comment on Monday.

"She's listening to a lot of people who are saying: 'You can do this,'" one of her friends told me.

"I don't know what she'll do. She doesn't know yet," another source added. "But any way this plays out, this is a long game." After all, we're still ten months from the midterms...

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 8:23 AM 
To: All  (2 of 7) 
 47039.2 in reply to 47039.1 

NY Daily News weighs in

http://people.delphiforums.com/marcinmin/oprah%20run.jpg

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 8:27 AM 
To: All  (3 of 7) 
 47039.3 in reply to 47039.1 

Sean Hannity isn't happy. LOL. Sean, Trump's chief worshipper and ass-kisser, calls Dems sheeple

Mediaite: Once the reaction to Oprah Winfrey’s Golden Globes speech shifted to calls for a presidential run, and the media began asking if Winfrey was looking to get in the 2020 race, you just knew the backlash from Fox News’ opinion hosts was right around the corner.

Tonight, Sean Hannity looked to ding liberals and the “biased media” for what he saw as their over-the-top embrace of Oprah as they looked for another messiah to replace Barack Obama. At the same time, however, he wanted it to be known that he had “no problem” with the talk show legend.

“To the media — the left in this country Oprah is their chosen one, the new messiah they’ll worship and follow like the sheep they are,” Hannity declared. “Here is why. The media and the left in this country, well, they now seem to think Oprah is the one person that can help them fulfill their ultimate goal — to destroy Donald Trump and defeat President Trump.”

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 47039.4 in reply to 47039.3 

My reply is this. First let it be known that I am a really big fan of President Trump. I do not have anything bad to say about Oprah. She has done a lot of good in her career. Everyone on the left of center hates Trump and keeps telling people how inexperienced he is in politics. How much experience does Oprah have in politics. 

From: Cstar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 7:59 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 47039.5 in reply to 47039.3 

If she's running against Trump, I think it's a great idea. 

Think about it: she's at least as experienced, if not more so, than Trump is. She hasn't declared bankruptcy a million times. Hasn't been married 3 times with 5 kids - think of the SS savings. 

She's empathetic, intelligent, well-read, likely to study hard for the job, generous, and most of all, middle America loves her.

Her popularity is such that there's no tacky nickname that Trump could throw at her that could stick without him being torn apart by said-middle-America.

She may just be the perfect candidate to foil him.

Tell a story. Tell it live. 

What's your passion? Science? Art? Family? Build your own forum in seconds!

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 8:05 AM 
To: razzkar  (6 of 7) 
 47039.6 in reply to 47039.4 

razzkar said...

How much experience does Oprah have in politics. 

as much as Trump did, not to mention Oprah really is smart, not 'like, really smart'

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-11 12:46 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 47039.7 in reply to 47039.1 

Yep, thin out the Democratic party again with a bunch of wannabe candidates.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.