Politics and Government -  Graham: WH should apologize... (98 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 9:38 AM 
To: All  (1 of 10) 

...for the McCain comment by Kelly Sadler

the Hill: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said in an interview broadcast Sunday that the White House should apologize for an aide’s comment mocking Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) brain cancer.

Graham told host Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation” that he was not satisfied with how the Trump administration has responded to the remark. 

“It's [a] pretty disgusting thing to say,” Graham said. “If it was a joke, it was a terrible joke. I just wish somebody from the White House would tell the country that was inappropriate, that's not who we are in the Trump administration.”

During an internal meeting, White House aide Kelly Sadler dismissed McCain’s opposition to President Trump’s CIA nominee, saying, “he’s dying anyway.” The comment, first reported by The Hill, has sparked a wave of backlash from lawmakers in both parties. 

Graham told CBS News that while he will let Trump decide whether or not to apologize, he thinks “most Americans would like to see the Trump administration do better in situations like this."

“It doesn't hurt you at all to do the right thing and to be big,” he said.  “[If] somebody in my office said such a thing about somebody, I would apologize on behalf of the office.”

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 9:38 AM 
To: All  (2 of 10) 
 48636.2 in reply to 48636.1 

Meanwhile, Sarah Huckabee Sanders thinks the problem was the leak, not the comment. Just like her boss, the solution is to berate staffers:

Huffpost: The White House could have fired the aide who said that the opinion of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is meaningless because he’s “dying anyway.” Instead, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders reportedly dressed down the White House communications team for leaking the remark to the press.

Then at least five White House staffers promptly leaked Sanders’ scolding to the media.

That likely came as no surprise to Sanders: “I am sure this conversation is going to leak, too. And that’s just disgusting,” a furious Sanders said, according to one of five people at the meeting who spoke with Axios. White House officials also leaked details of the meeting to ABC News.

The mess started Thursday at a communications team meeting when aide Kelly Sadler reportedly mocked McCain, who has brain cancer. Referring to McCain’s opposition to the nomination of Gina Haspel as CIA chief, Sadler reportedly said, “It doesn’t matter. He’s dying anyway.”

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 9:59 AM 
To: All  (3 of 10) 
 48636.3 in reply to 48636.1 

they won't apologize, because they don't think it is a problem - WH thinks the problem is the leak and the media. Worst administration ever

the Hill: White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney on Saturday defended the White House aide who made a derisive comment about Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), saying the real issue was that the "bad joke" had been leaked to the press.

“This was a private meeting inside the White House. It was a joke. It was a badly considered joke that she said fell flat,” Mulvaney, the director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, said during an appearance on Fox News. 

But Mulvaney argued that the leak of the comment posed the greater issue: "The leak was designed to hurt that person. Also, it completely ignored the harm it would do to the McCain family, which is doubly inconsiderate."

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 10) 
 48636.4 in reply to 48636.1 

McCain was not tortured anymore after the North Vietamese found out his daddy was an Admiral because he agreed to give them anything they wanted to know and make radio broadcast in exchange for special prelivege and treatment.

And, let's not forget, it was his showboating that caused the fire and explosions that resulted in the damage and death onboard the USS Forrestal prior to his ejecting over his comrads in North Vietnam.

He spent the last several years in the prison camps of North Vietnam as a welcome guest, working on his tan, drinking beer and ignoring the screams of other Americans around him while he planned his future political career.

He couldn't have ever held office if he hadn't recieved a full pardon for his dishonorable and treasonous service in the Navy by President Nixon.

If he or his over prevedged offspring are offended by an alleged back room joke, then let them sit and spin.

There are plenty of my felllow naval officers that know what a scum bag he is and has always been.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 10) 
 48636.5 in reply to 48636.2 

McCain was not tortured anymore after the North Vietamese found out his daddy was an Admiral because he agreed to give them anything they wanted to know and make radio broadcast in exchange for special prelivege and treatment.

And, let's not forget, it was his showboating that caused the fire and explosions that resulted in the damage and death onboard the USS Forrestal prior to his ejecting over his comrads in North Vietnam.

He spent the last several years in the prison camps of North Vietnam as a welcome guest, working on his tan, drinking beer and ignoring the screams of other Americans around him while he planned his future political career.

He couldn't have ever held office if he hadn't recieved a full pardon for his dishonorable and treasonous service in the Navy by President Nixon.

If he or his over prevedged offspring are offended by an alleged back room joke, then let them sit and spin.

There are plenty of my felllow naval officers that know what a scum bag he is and has always been.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 10) 
 48636.6 in reply to 48636.3 

McCain was not tortured anymore after the North Vietamese found out his daddy was an Admiral because he agreed to give them anything they wanted to know and make radio broadcast in exchange for special prelivege and treatment.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-16 11:59 AM 
To: okimar  (7 of 10) 
 48636.7 in reply to 48636.6 

That has been debunked, but still thrives in the world of conspiracy theorists 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 10) 
 48636.8 in reply to 48636.7 

Debunked? ROTFLMFAO 

SON, I WAS THERE. I DON'T NEED LIBTARDED "FACT CHECKERS" TO TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO HEAR LIKE YOU.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-16 12:25 PM 
To: okimar unread  (9 of 10) 
 48636.9 in reply to 48636.8 

Right. You were in Hanoi hilton right next to John McCain. Buzz off, troll

To: okimar  (10 of 10) 
 48636.10 in reply to 48636.6 

okimar said...

over prevedged offspring

okimar said...

naval officers

Naval officers no how to spell privileged. Nice try troll but you were never a naval officer maybe you meant that you ate navel oranges. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.