Politics and Government -  Family separation immigration policy (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 9:53 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

NYT:

Hundreds of immigrant children have been separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border in recent months, and a new policy calling for criminal prosecutions of people who illegally cross promises to drastically increase that number. Above, men who were detained after crossing the border near McAllen, Tex.
Family separations are one of the most contentious aspects of the Trump administration’s new border policies. The A.C.L.U. is suing over the practice, arguing that it is a violation of due process and harms children.
At the White House, Kirstjen Nielsen, the secretary of homeland security, nearly resigned after President Trump berated her over border security. The tirade was the culmination of months of frustration over immigration and the border wall, our correspondent writes.

Reply   Options 

From: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-21 9:09 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 48639.2 in reply to 48639.1 

You do know they are 'illegally' trying to cross our border?  Which means they are committing a crime.  It is their problem if they choose to bring their children when committing a crime.  That is not our fault, nor is it our problem.

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-22 12:12 AM 
To: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 48639.3 in reply to 48639.2 

I wonder if it was you and your family, desperate to escape poverty, hunger and violence if you'd have the same viewpoint. 

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the Delicious Dish 

Help to rescue Beagles used for lab experimentation. 
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/ 

From: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-22 5:53 AM 
To: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 48639.4 in reply to 48639.3 

Yes, I would, because I would do it the legal way, the way my grand parents did it.  They did not try to sneak through the border.  And they didn't come here to get on welfare, food stamps, or free housing, while Americans were living in tent cities, or under the high rises in cardboard boxes, starving.  It doesn't matter what reason they are coming here, we can't take everyone and we can't afford to.  And, they need to be vetted, no criminals!

Have you asked yourself, why is Mexico, which has some of the hashish laws against illegals entering their country, are giving these illegals safe passage through their country to our border? They aren't taking any in, but they expect us to.

It doesn't matter what the mainstream media says, we are going to hold President Trump's feet to the fire on illegals entering our country.  We don't want them.

Anyone that has entered this country illegally, is a criminal.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-22 10:01 AM 
To: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 48639.5 in reply to 48639.3 

Jazzy720 said...

I wonder if it was you and your family, desperate to escape poverty, hunger and violence if you'd have the same viewpoint. 

my grandparents (both sides) left Poland to escape communism and seek a better life. Yes, they came here legally, but there were no laws against immigrants back then. The anti-immigrant laws didn't start until the late 20's and really weren't very strict until the last 30 or 40 years. Many of the immigrants are fled Central America to escape violence and drug cartels. Most of these so-called illegals are following the legal process of applying for asylum. The Trump administration not only wants to restrict legal as well as illegal immigration, they do not want to take in any refugees on the basis of what country they come from - including the Middle East. One exception is Cuba, where any refugees who make it to our shores are automatically accepted and legal. Gee, I wonder why? Oh, most of the Cuban-Americans end up voting Republican. And many of them agree with restrictions on refugees from other countries.

In other to discourage immigrants from even coming and applying for asylum, the Trump admin wants to separate children from their families. They have set ICE loose to the point of questioning people at Starbucks who speak Spanish. Trump admin claims ICE is only going after criminals, but it isn't true. They are sending back people who have been here for years, have jobs, contribute to society and have no criminal records.

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-22 11:47 AM 
To: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 48639.6 in reply to 48639.4 

I find it hard to believe that if your children were dying of malnourishment, you couldn't find work or any means to support them and if you managed to survive all that, only to have you and your family constantly threatened to be murdered or having already lost family members to murder, that you would stay there like a sitting duck and not do all you could to leave and improve their chances to live. Any loving parent would do that. 

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the Delicious Dish 

Help to rescue Beagles used for lab experimentation. 
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/ 

To: Dee (DLAINEDEE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 48639.7 in reply to 48639.4 

And you forgot to mention that they also worship a fake religious leader. They are mostly Catholic and not real Christians, right?

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.