Media Matters -  TX teacher fired over tweet to Trump (84 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 12:03 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

telling him to depart the illegals in her school. She thought she was sending him a private message

A Texas English teacher was recommended for termination by the Fort Worth school board on Tuesday evening over tweets she sent publicly to President Trump asking him for assistance in “removing illegals” from her school district, according to local reports.

The eight-person school board voted unanimously to remove Georgia Clark, who teaches at Carter-Riverside High School in the Fort Worth district. Clark has been on administrative leave since the school district launched an investigation into her tweets, the local Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. Clark has 15 days to appeal to the state for a hearing, but she will be on paid leave until that happens, according to the Star-Telegram.

Clark reportedly thought her tweets to President Trump — in which she said her school was “loaded with illegal students” and it was being “taken over” by undocumented kids and “drug dealers” — were private.

• Edited June 6, 2019 12:08 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 52841.2 in reply to 52841.1 

As a teacher, I would normally be very annoyed at a teacher being dismissed, but I'll make an exception in this case...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.