General Discussion -  NRA discussed mansion for LaPierre (136 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-7 9:05 AM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

the NRA is a giant scam. Their gullible followers deserve to have their dues squandered by them

Wash Post:

August 6 at 10:59 PM

Documents indicate that the National Rifle Association planned to purchase a luxury mansion in the Dallas area last year for the use of chief executive Wayne LaPierre, according to two people familiar with the records.

The discussions about the roughly $6 million purchase, which was not completed, are now under scrutiny by New York investigators. The transaction was slated to be made through a corporate entity that received a wire of tens of thousands of dollars from the NRA in 2018, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

The New York attorney general’s office is now examining the plan for an NRA-financed mansion as part of its ongoing investigation into the gun lobby’s tax-exempt status, in which it has subpoenaed the group’s financial records, the people said.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 53422.2 in reply to 53422.1 

While I'm still very involved with defending the rights of firearm owners, I'm a member of Gun Owners of America, I terminated my NRA membership several years ago when news of Wayne LaPierre's misuse of funds began to come to light.
I had been at odds with the organization's policies on other matters for some time, such as their inane support of Trump, so Wayne's actions was just the final step needed to convince me that the NRA was no longer an organization I wanted to be associated with.
I joined the GOA because I still believe that responsible firearm owners such as myself are being wrongfully blamed for the acts of criminals and crazies and need a strong organization to protect our 2nd Amendment rights against those who wish to disarm us.
I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican and consider both parties as nothing but two sides of the same bent coin that when tossed ends up screwing citizens so I trust neither.
It's an opinion that I brought back from Vietnam with me.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

• Edited August 7, 2019 10:33 am  by  drtramp

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-7 1:15 PM 
To: drtramp  (3 of 8) 
 53422.3 in reply to 53422.2 

drtramp said...

I still believe that responsible firearm owners such as myself are being wrongfully blamed for the acts of criminals and crazies

Sleep with dogs . . . wake up with fleas.  If you do not wish to be "wrongfully blamed", then you and your organization should be actively supporting full background checks, waiting periods, and bans on bump stocks, among other issues.  Things that do not intrude upon your rights, but DO help make the rest of us safer.  But, having checked GOA's purpose and goals, I already know it considers such things anathema.  Saying that it's "better than the NRA" is damning with faint praise.

Your Second Amendment rights IS protected, much better than our First, Fourth, Fifth, Eighth, Fourteenth, Fifteenth, and Twenty-Fourth Amendments are, and you know what?  It's the ONLY Amendment in the Bill of Rights that has a conditional clause.  And it has a basis in the institution of slavery.  Please excuse me if I do not feel sympathy for your struggles to "protect your Second Amendment Rights".

I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican and consider both parties as nothing but two sides of the same bent coin . . . It's an opinion that I brought back from Vietnam with me.

Easy thing to claim when we're on the internet.  For all we know, you could be 20 years old.  For all we know, you could have been in Vietnam in the '60s and brought back nothing more than a case of the clap.  As for your politics, we hear that all the time from people who try to pass themselves off as moderate centrists, especially the "two sides of the same coin" meme.  Most of the so-called "Alt-Right" don't support the Republican party because it's not right-wing enough for it.

From: Lurch II (valor) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-16 8:15 PM 
To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 53422.4 in reply to 53422.3 
You seem to be a know all see all and very closed minded... Your way is the right way. And you are blinded by you beliefs.

Proud Full Brother: BGBB

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-16 8:20 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 53422.5 in reply to 53422.1 

Someone may need to mention to both "drtramp" and "Lurch" that I put them both on Ignore, and while I can see that they've messaged me, said messages show up blank; great tool for dealing with trolls, and wonderful means to keep blood presser at prescribed levels.

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 53422.6 in reply to 53422.5 

"Congratulations" for engaging the Fatso I was "whining" about.

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-16 10:26 PM 
To: MEDDLY  (7 of 8) 
 53422.7 in reply to 53422.6 

I just noticed that this was the first such post on THIS forum from "Lurch".

I first ran into him over on a different forum, on a story about a Tennessee "pastor" who was refusing to hold the funeral of a dying parishioner because the man's son was gay.  He didn't give a damn about the man or his son, but he was offended by the s characterization by a poster on the forum of Christians.  He admitted that he thought that such things as murder and child abuse were worse sins than being gay, to which I replied that if he thought that being gay was a sin in the first place, he was exactly the kind of Christian to which the previous poster was referring.

He's a Concern Troll, mostly, and seems to be harmless, if annoying.

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-16 10:54 PM 
To: Lurch II (valor) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (8 of 8) 
 53422.8 in reply to 53422.4 

Bye Lurch. Say hello to Cousin It. 

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the
Delicious Dish 

Help to rescue Beagles used for lab experimentation. 
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/ 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.