Media Matters -  Trump encourages fans to confront media (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-18 9:17 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

It was dangerous in 2016 and is criminal now

Brian Stelter, Reliable Sources:

Trump encouraging his fans to confront reporters

I opened Sunday's "Reliable Sources" by talking about Trump's intensifying hate movement against the news media. Every week there are new examples... his rhetoric ripples out from the White House into communities near and far... as in Commack, New York, the other day, when pro-Trump ralliers heckled and harassed a local TV reporter who was there to cover the rally. Trump tweeted repeatedly and approvingly about the viral incident on Friday and Saturday, tacitly giving permission for other supporters to behave the same way elsewhere.

>> Kevin Vesey, the News 12 reporter who covered the protest, passed on my interview request, per a spokeswoman for the channel...

>> Peter Wehner, a veteran of past GOP administrations and a staunch critic of this one, said the president has a "cult-like" following and "it's getting worse and it will get worse..."

>> In the face of so much indecency, this is noteworthy: Brad Little, the GOP governor of Idaho, tweeted on Saturday, "Our local journalists have worked tirelessly though this pandemic to provide the public with up-to-date and accurate information. Thank you for keeping Idaho informed!"

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.