Politics and Government -  Trump campaign uses Russian jets in ad (36 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-15 10:13 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

Support 'our' troops indeed. LOL

Huffpost:

President Donald Trump’s campaign was caught again engaging in the careless use of stock photos, this time posting an image of Russian fighter jets in a “support our troops” ad. 

The ad from Trump’s fundraising committee ran Sept. 8 to Sept. 12, including on the 19th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Politico reported. It said “SUPPORT OUR TROOPS” and depicted soldiers in silhouette in the foreground with aircraft behind them: [tweet & photo at the link]

But the aircraft are Russian.

“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force, told Politico. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”

Trump and his campaign have had repeated issues with misusing stock images over the years.

Reply   Options 

From: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-15 10:15 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 56821.2 in reply to 56821.1 

It might not have been a mistake, depending on what tRump's definition of "our troops" is.

Resist!

VOTE!

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-15 10:18 AM 
To: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 56821.3 in reply to 56821.2 

yes, it is ironic

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.