Politics and Government -  MI Gov pushes back at Trump rhetoric (57 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-18 10:44 AM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Politico:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer excoriated President Donald Trump for continuing his incendiary rhetoric toward her at a Saturday campaign rally in the wake of an alleged plot to kidnap her.

Speaking in Western Michigan as part of a swing through the Rust Belt, Trump urged Whitmer to loosen restrictions on economic activity enacted to curtail the spread of coronavirus, which is surging in the region.

“You’ve got to get your governor to open up your state,” he said to cheers. “And get your schools open.”

Trump’s supporters erupted into chants of “lock her up” — a refrain from the 2016 campaign originally lobbed at Hillary Clinton, but since repurposed against Whitmer and other high-profile Democrats — which Trump did little to dissuade.

“Lock ‘em all up,” he said before pausing to soak up energy in the crowd.

The striking visual quickly came to Whitmer’s attention, who responded while the president was still speaking.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 57100.2 in reply to 57100.1 

Okay, so sue me if I'm not completely up on my civics classes (it's only been 40 years since I went through them), but isn't what 45 doing considered sedition? Inciting people to rise up against their own governments? Personally, I'd call his actions treasonous, but I'm not in charge of that particular department.

To: All 

Create your own Forum!

Delphi Forums is home to thousands of forums on a vast array of topics.

Click here to start your own forum! (Create Forum)

To: Pegasus (VE5CAP)  (3 of 4) 
 57100.3 in reply to 57100.2 

Psst, everyone knows he's an inciter, a Treasonous Rat, a Nazi/KKK lover, etc., who spouts Bullcrap to stay in power. If he loses and pushes his conspiracy CRAP and his followers fall for it, then our NATION will be humiliated worldwide for acting like some of them (e.g. attempted coups). It would be the first time (I HOPE NOT!!!) that our Military will have to "topple" a mindless ARSEHOLE out of office.

Message 4 of 4 was Deleted  

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.