Hot Off The Presses -  Western states to review COVID vaccine (341 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-28 11:59 AM 
To: All  (1 of 18) 

the Hill:

Three western states announced Tuesday that they would join California's workgroup set to independently review any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

A press release from California Gov. Gavin Newsom's (D) office indicated that Washington, Oregon and Nevada would join the working group and identify experts in public health who could assist in the effort to verify the efficacy and safety of a vaccine approved under the Trump administration.

“We believe in science, public health and safety. That is why I am pleased that Washington is joining California and other western states in this effort,” said Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D). “Any COVID vaccine must be guided by the expertise of scientists and medical professionals and that’s just what this workgroup will do. The Western States Pact will continue working together to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone in our states.”

“The vaccines currently in development, once approved, are what Americans have been waiting for to protect their families, their children, and their loved ones in long-term care facilities,” added Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D). “The independent review conducted by this panel of doctors, scientists, and health experts will ensure that a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is available to everyone, especially communities that have been disproportionately impacted by this disease.”

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 18) 
 57202.2 in reply to 57202.1 

This is a smart move. The public is so untrusting of the president and all he has said regarding COVID, the pandemic, treatments, and vaccines, that we now need a trustworthy (aka people with education and experience) committee to convince people that a vaccine, when ready, is safe to take. It's basically a way to undo the damage the idiot president has done, as evidenced by the large number of people who have already said they don't want it. I don't blame people for being afraid to take it when a moron promises a vaccine on a timetable that we all know isn't possible. Therefore, the public assumes we will be given an untested vaccine (which I'm certain is what Russia has done). 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-28 7:49 PM 
To: BlueMoon67 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 18) 
 57202.3 in reply to 57202.2 

I think it is a great idea . I hope NM signs on, too. I could see Cuomo putting something similar together in the East coast

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 18) 
 57202.4 in reply to 57202.3 

The panel is made up of people who can be trusted. It consists of experts from UCLA, Stanford, UC San Diego, UC Berkeley and more. And let's face it, California has some of the best research universities in the nation, so you know these people are not only highly educated, but also the best at what they do. 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 18) 
 57202.5 in reply to 57202.1 
Does this mean I will be putting my life on the line for you? Hmmm.

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-4 7:53 PM 
To: kizmet1  (6 of 18) 
 57202.6 in reply to 57202.5 

Hi Kizmet. Long time no see. :)

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the
Delicious Dish 

Help to rescue Beagles used for lab experimentation. 
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/ 

To: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 18) 
 57202.7 in reply to 57202.6 
I thought it was last week or so or month?
I remember meeting you when your grandson was about 6 and you watched tv with him.

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-4 9:43 PM 
To: kizmet1  (8 of 18) 
 57202.8 in reply to 57202.7 

You must be thinking of someone else Kiz. LOL

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the
Delicious Dish 

To: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 18) 
 57202.9 in reply to 57202.8 
Don't you have a grandson?

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-5 12:13 AM 
To: kizmet1  (10 of 18) 
 57202.10 in reply to 57202.9 

No. I wish I did but no. Just a 32 year old son, not married, no kids. 

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the
Delicious Dish 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-18
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.