Politics and Government -  DeSantis pop up clinic faces criticism (92 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-18 10:17 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 
all I can say is, you elected him, Florida

Wash Post: Feb. 18, 2021 at 5:19 a.m. MST

When Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) unveiled a “pop-up” clinic offering coveted coronavirus vaccines in an affluent, mostly White part of Manatee County, Fla., lawmakers on both sides of the aisle slammed the plan for excluding residents in the rest of the county.

But on Wednesday, the governor offered no apologies, warning that he could instead take the doses elsewhere.“If Manatee County doesn’t like us doing this, then we are totally fine with putting this in counties that want it,” DeSantis said at a news conference. “We’re totally happy to do that.”

As wealthy individuals in Florida and around the country snap up a disproportionate number of vaccination appointments, critics say DeSantis’s plan for the “pop-up” clinic near Tampa is only bound to widen disparities.

Some jurisdictions have targeted Zip codes that were hit especially hard by the virus, but many in Manatee County fear DeSantis’s plan will do the opposite, benefiting an area that has been least affected by the pandemic — including a few of the individuals who worked with the governor.

Click Below for my Forums:

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 58254.2 in reply to 58254.1 

Marci, remember everyone didn't vote for that moron.  My son didn't and he has to live in FL with all the terrible decisions that are made.

border=

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-22 5:25 PM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (3 of 3) 
 58254.3 in reply to 58254.2 

I have some friends in Florida and they aren’t fans, either

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.