Media Matters -  "SNL" gets revenge for Big Bird (70 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-14 9:46 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

funny, but don't give Cruz or Fox any ideas

Huffpost:

Saturday Night Live” got sweet revenge for Big Bird after Texas Sen. Ted Cruz attacked him for getting vaccinated against COVID-19 last week.

In the takedown, Aidy Bryant plays Cruz, who’s so irritated by the vaccination that he creates his own creepy version of “Sesame Street” — “Cruz Street” (on the Newsmax Kids channel). It’s got a rifle, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Cecily Strong) and conspiracy theory podcaster Joe Rogan (played by Pete Davidson).

It even has a song: “Cruz-y days, sweeping the libs away.” “For 50 years I stood by as ‘Sesame Street’ taught our kids dangerous ideas like numbers and kindness,” says “Cruz.” “But when Big Bird told children to get vaccinated against a deadly disease, I said, ‘enough’ and I created my own ‘Sesame Street.’”

It’s a “gated community where kids are safe from the woke government,” he explains.

Strong’s Greene shows up packing an AR-15 and explains that the episode is “brought to you by Q — not the letter, the man.”

Reply   Options 

From: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-14 11:14 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 60480.2 in reply to 60480.1 

The funniest SNL opening in at least two decades!

Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President.
                                  - 
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-14 11:18 AM 
To: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 60480.3 in reply to 60480.2 

It was really good. I expect whiny Ted to complain

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.