War and Terrorism -  Broadway star arrested; Capitol riots (99 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-25 9:21 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

Huffpost:

Broadway star James D. Beeks has been arrested for his involvement in the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The 49-year-old Broadway actor, who most recently played Judas in the U.S. touring production of “Jesus Christ Superstar,” was charged with obstruction of Congress and entering a restricted building, according to a complaint from the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Investigators say Beeks joined the riots as “an affiliate” of the Oath Keepers, a militant extremist group whose members flooded the Capitol on Jan. 6. He had paid dues to the group two weeks prior to the riot.

While the Oath Keepers are known for the military fatigues they often wear at rallies, Beeks — a Michael Jackson impersonator on the side — was seen wearing an imitation of Jackson’s iconic BAD jacket from the late singer’s 1987 tour on Jan. 6.

Investigators tracked Beeks down through his social media and by attending several of his shows, where he played Judas under the stage name James T. Justis.

Reply   Options 

From: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-25 12:11 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 60564.2 in reply to 60564.1 

Played the role of Judas, when art imitates life. 

Host of 
YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

Keeping Faith in America

Follow me to the
Delicious Dish 

Help to rescue Beagles used for lab experimentation. 
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/ 

To: All 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-30 10:16 AM 
To: All  (3 of 3) 
 60564.3 in reply to 60564.2 

update:

James Beeks, an actor who played Judas in the traveling tour of the musical “Jesus Christ Superstar” and who’s been charged with storming the Capitol with Oath Keepers on Jan. 6, informed the judge in his hearing yesterday that “I am here by special divine appearance.”

• “I cannot represent myself because I am myself,” Beeks told the judge when asked if he wanted to represent himself in court.
  • Beeks bristled at being called a “sovereign citizen,” arguing that it’s “an oxymoron” and “even an insult.”
  • The judge wasn’t super impressed by any of this. “That’s all gobbledygook,” she retorted. “I have no idea what you’re saying.”
  • But ultimately Beeks’ claim to divinity didn’t keep the judge from keeping him free on pretrial release, so…

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.