Hot Off The Presses -  Trump wants documents back (203 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-15 11:58 PM 
To: All  (1 of 12) 

Huffpost:

Former President Donald Trump on Sunday publicly requested that documents seized from his Florida resort and home during a federal search this past week be returned, claiming that it includes confidential attorney and client communications.

“Oh great! It has just been learned that the FBI, in its now famous raid of Mar-a-Lago, took boxes of privileged ‘attorney-client’ material, and also ‘executive’ privileged material, which they knowingly should not have taken,” he posted on his social media site, Truth Social.

“By copy of this TRUTH, I respectfully request that these documents immediately returned [sic] to the location from which they were taken. Thank you!” he wrote.

Trump appeared to be citing a Fox News report late Saturday that claimed, citing sources close to the investigation, that the material confiscated from his property includes documents covered by attorney-client privilege and “potentially executive privilege.”

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 12) 
 62721.2 in reply to 62721.1 

Donald Trump is “almost certainly” lying about declassifying records found by FBI agents last week at his Mar-a-Lago home, his former national security adviser John Bolton told The New York Times.

Trump has insisted he had a “standing order” that everything taken to his home was automatically declassified. The law, however, requires a particular process to declassify information. It’s not clear whether Trump ever initiated such a process, nor has he offered any paperwork indicating he issued a “standing order.”

Bolton said such an order was never issued — nor implemented.

Bolton told the Times in an article Sunday that he had never heard of such an order, even though he frequently dealt with classified and top secret information. The claims that a standing order concerning declassifications existed is “almost certainly a lie,” Bolton said.

“I was never briefed on any such order, procedure, policy when I came in,” Bolton said.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-bolton-trump-almost-certainly-lying-declassifying-documents_n_62face49e4b06389482cc288

To: camper6  (3 of 12) 
 62721.3 in reply to 62721.2 

That's because he still believes he's ABOVE THE LAW.

To: MEDDLY  (4 of 12) 
 62721.4 in reply to 62721.3 

Well I do think presidents and ex presidents do get special treatment when it comes to the law.

The DOJ under Garland defended Trump in a civil suit replacing his private lawyers, claiming that it was his duty under the Constitution to defend the ex president. He figured that out a long time ago or he wouldn't be pulling the stunts he pulls.

• Edited August 16, 2022 12:37 pm  by  camper6
Attachments

To: camper6  (5 of 12) 
 62721.5 in reply to 62721.4 

I meant, he thinks he has been ABOVE THE LAW, way before he ran in 2016.

Remember the 5th Avenue Decree?

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-16 1:24 PM 
To: MEDDLY  (6 of 12) 
 62721.6 in reply to 62721.5 

yes, I thought that keeping classified and top secret documents and refusing to return them would be the red line for the GOP, but it seems not

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 12) 
 62721.7 in reply to 62721.6 

There is no red line for them, as far as I can tell.

Rebeccah

To: All 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-16 5:42 PM 
To: RebeccahQP  (8 of 12) 
 62721.8 in reply to 62721.7 

I agree 

Click Below for my Forums:

From: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-17 11:09 AM 
To: MEDDLY  (9 of 12) 
 62721.9 in reply to 62721.5 

In the Washington Post this morning, Catherine Rampell writes an opinion piece about exactly that: "The GOP has failed Trump's Fifth Avenue test."

At this point, no straw - no lead pipe, even - could break the camel's back. Republicans have demonstrated that Donald Trump could commit any transgression or crime and they would still defend it.

Opinion: Catherine Rampell: Is there no crime Trump could commit that would lose him GOP support? (dailycamera.com)

Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President.
                                  - 
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan

To: WWW3 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 12) 
 62721.10 in reply to 62721.9 

As I stated before, Lincoln, Eisenhower, Goldwater, even Tricky Dick, must be turning in their graves, knowing that their party has turned into a SCUMBAG'S private club that tramples on the US Constitution.

Addendum

Yes, I know Tricky Dick tried to "dance around" the US Constitution but he never asked Leonid Brezhnev, Mao Tse Tung, Kim Il-sung, etc., for a lending hand...if you get my point.

• Edited August 17, 2022 11:43 am  by  MEDDLY

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.