Zeta Beta

Hosted by Rusty

An early look at the next generation of Delphi.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1/15 Release Notes   General Discussion

Started by Rusty; 6893 views.
Rusty

1/15/15

We just released new code to all Zeta format forums that have several new features. As we've noted in early messages, the focus of our recent development has been creating a new version of chat that meets several key criteria:

- more protection from DDoS attacks and therefore more stabile
- can be used with any HTML5 compatible browser (doesn't require bulky plug-ins)
- accessible on most phones and tablets
- includes emoticons and emojis

We appreciate the feedback we've already received from the people testing the early releases in this forum.

In today's release we've added support for all slash commands including moderation tools for Hosts. There's also an emoticon picker and an easy way to exit a chat room. @cstar1 has already provided a more detailed description of these features in this post: http://forums.delphiforums.com/zetabeta/messages/520/14

Other non-chat features in this release include:

- the option to register and login via Twitter, Facebook and Google+
- the option to share posts via Twitter, Facebook and Google+ (when enabled)
- the option for Hosts to cross-post to Facebook or tweet a Promotion at the end of the creation process. 
- an improved calendar and scheduling system for Announcements. 

If you have any questions or feedback about these new features, please post them here. 

Thanks!

Rusty

• Edited January 15, 2015 1:06 pm  by  Rusty
In reply toRe: msg 1
Rusty

1/15/15

I should emphasize that the big change with today's release is fact that these features are now available in all Zeta format forums.  Prior to today, you could only test these features (primarily chat) here in zetabeta.

I'm sure one of the first questions we'll be asked is when the new chat features will be accessible in Classic format forums.  We don't have  timeline for this yet.  Right now we're going to collect feedback from a larger number of users and then prioritize that development against everything else.  We expect that chat will require another round or two of refinements which will likely take a few weeks.

Rusty

In reply toRe: msg 2
sassy211

1/15/15

Rusty,

Love the new chat and features.  I changed my room to Zeta from the very beginning and everyone seems to have adapted nicely.

Only thing I see today is that the moderators badges no longer show and when you click on someone's profile to view their full profile all their info shows including their account info. hope this will change soon.

Thanks for your time,

Sassy/Sassy's Retreat

Cstar1
Staff

1/15/15

sassy211 said:

when you click on someone's profile to view their full profile all their info shows including their account info. hope this will change soon.

Sassy can you please clarify what account info you mean?   

In reply toRe: msg 4
sassy211

1/15/15

CStar,

Thanks for replying but it has cleared up...just a temp. glitch I guess.

Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Staff

1/15/15

One other feature in this release: in poll threads, there is now a poll icon on every message, so you can always get back to the original poll.

Yay!

In reply toRe: msg 6
sassy211

1/15/15

What about the icons that depict moderation status?

They aren't showing up, are these gone?

Thanks,

Sassy/Sassy's Retreat

In reply toRe: msg 6
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)

1/15/15

Ooooh, I like that.

Cstar1
Staff

1/15/15

They're just not enabled yet. I belive they'll be back eventually.  

sassy211

1/15/15

Thanks CStar