Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

poll suggestions   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Jul-3 by alankell; 379 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Jul-3

Everybody can create their own polls... including you.

You seem to have quite a list.

Why don't you try posting a poll.

But several things you must be careful about is:

1. Once you post a poll, you cannot edit it. So make sure your spelling and all the options you want are correct before you post it.

2. Often times, people will ask "Why didn't you include this or that or the other"... so make sure you include "Other" for those options you originally didn't consider.

3. There are no multiple choices polls, so it has to be one or the other. Thus if you want to make it multiple choice, you need to make those options yourself. (i.e. #1, 2 & 3; #1 ~4; 5 & 6; etc.)

So try creating your own poll. After you create one or two, you'll get the hang of it.

Most polls don't have an expiry date, but you have the option to do so... however non expiring polls are preferred.

You can choose whether the person can change their vote or not, but for the most part, most of the polls allow the person to change their vote afterwards.

FWIW

alankell

Jul-3

Sorry, Walter.  I have no idea how to create a poll.  I don't see that option.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-3

Actually I remove it in 2020 because we were getting a lot of junk political polls. I will change it and see how it goes.

edited, never mind, I switched it back two years ago.

• Edited July 3, 2022 11:25 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

Jul-3

It’s set to Any Member so you should be able to start a poll. In Zeta, when you open the first message the poll icon is in the upper right hand corner of the page.

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-3

I see that Showtalk has shown you how to create a poll in Zeta, if you're using Classic, see the [Create Poll] screen in the red box below:

FWIW

alankell

Jul-3

Thanks, I see it now.  Been in Delphi since last century, never used any of the options in the upper left.  I'll give it a try later.

I think you used a screen shot option as part of your example...never done that either.

alankell

Jul-3

Classic.  I've not much use for Zeta.

The poll template is set for 5 choices.  How can the template be expanded to more than 5 choices?  I see many polls offering more than 5 choices. 
Is it possible to assign a number to each choice?  The numbers are helpful when offering choice combinations.

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-3

alankell said...

The poll template is set for 5 choices.

I think it depends on your membership level... I have DelphiPlus and have 25 choices:

alankell said...

Is it possible to assign a number to each choice?

Numbers will show as you're creating the poll, but they won't show up in the actual poll. But you can add your own numbers at the beginning of each line.

FWIW

alankell

Jul-3

Thanks.  I might be able to erect a few of my poll suggestions.  The others I will be forced to leave for someone else.  I have Basic.