Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 246791 views.
LyndaP31

2/29/12

holy cow! yikes! what a nasty ordeal. I sure hope they can find something they can use. You must have sensitive skin. I sure wish I lived closer so I could help with the horses, but I know you have alot of good help!!
LindaVA3

2/29/12

OMG Jeanne you have had a time of it!  Prayers that you will be back on your feet soon!
gerchgo

2/29/12

O M G is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be put in my daily prayers!

Take care of yourself!

ger

JLNJ

2/29/12

Prayers coming from NJ...good grief... you have been through the wringer...your positive attitude will get you on the mend. That and much love sent to you from the Ladies!

Jessie 

MHJ1957

3/1/12

Wow, you have had your fair share of problems.

One of my step kids is allegic to adhesive, even bandages is a problem for little cuts to a finger.

I use guaze and Vet Wrap. it is tough, stretchy, and sticks to itself without adhesive.

When you have a chance, could you send me little James`s address. The card I sent him came back.  Or an address that will get the card to him. apparently he was discharged before the card got to him.

I will be thinking of you both.

cheers

Maureen

jamielsg

3/2/12

My friend, please have Pete or Cheryl or Pam come on and let us know that we could have lost one of our dearest and best.  Please?  When I am there in April, you will have me for a full day.  Whatever you need done, I'll do it.........I'll even sleep in one of the stalls.........preferably Blue's  ;)  I was worried about you, had no idea you were going through hell on Earth...........next time, let us help...........okay?  We love you Jeanne!

Jamie

Mimsforever

3/5/12

I will, Jamie. Heading into that second surgery was very scary, not knowing what was wrong and all. Tell you what! These wounds are PAINFUL! During those first few days, layers and layers of skin were pulled off with each dressing change. I am accostomed to pain, live with it daily but that was horrendous! I learned to go to my "happy" place...I imagined myself riding the beautiful Moon Shadow through the woods.

I see the surgeon today. I won't be able to clean stalls for another several weeks so if anyone wants to send a few dollars to help pay the help, I'd most appreciate it. In anticipation of the surgery, I worked extra hours at my paying job to help raise money for the hired help. Laura sent money, Cheryl had fundraisers but I did not anticipate being off duty for this long. We sure could use some help.

I am very much looking forward to the day I can return to the barn. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my helpers has reported that Elmhurst is behaving badly. He sees the help a'coming and dashes up to greet them. He will skid to a stop before them and as soon as they get their heart outta their throuat he whirls and runs...causing the ladies to riot.

Elmhurst has also given my dedicated husband a hard time at every possible oppurtunity...even threatened to kick him today when it came time for blanketing.

He needs me back at the barn so he can stop this bad behavoir...its just like the class clown and the substitute teacher. 

WEll, by golly, he has been turned in to the PRINCIPAL, the BOSS MARE and he is in BIG TROUBLE!

I was wondering about our FOB visit. As I lay there is the hospital really wishing I could be in my barn, I had an idea.

I'd like everyone who comes to find a quote by or about women and/mares or horses. During the day, each person will be provided with paint and a paintbrush and sent out to find somewhere to record the quote. This, as you already know, is one of my dreams for the Haven; to have the ladies surrounded by poetic beauty as well as the natural beauty that is already here.

What do you think?

Mimsforever

3/5/12

Anyone who reads this can help! Send us your favorite quote or two and I will see that it gets painted somewhere!

You all have been such a big part of the daily lives of our beautiful ladies...you can help decorate their world.

LindaVA3

3/5/12

I think this is a FABULOUS idea!  I'm going to cross post it on the thread about our visiting day so everyone see it :)
Weldon54

3/5/12

Jeanne, I hope you are healing more and more, faster and faster! I've been thinking about you so much.

One of my favorite horse quotes:

My treasures do not clink and gleam.

They glitter in the sun and neigh at night.

Faye